When you’ve logged into Constant Content, you’ll see some options in the top navigation bar; it includes several submenus:
- Mail / inbox
- Requested content
- Submit content
- A gear symbol (tools)
- Your login name (my account)
Want help getting started with your account? Check out the Constant Content Quick Start Guide for Writers
These menus give you access to several important parts of the site and clicking on the gear icon or your account name gives you access to several submenus.
- Inbox – You’ll get notifications of any messages that you’ve received from our customers here. If you aren’t getting messages and notifications through to your personal email address, check your latest messages here
- Notifications – This is where all system notifications are displayed, including new requests, article sales and editorial feedback
- Requested content – Find more information about requested content
- Submit content – Find out how to submit content
- Gear (tools) – Learn about the “Tools” menu
- Requested content – Content requested by clients
- My projects – A way to manage projects you’ve been invited to
- My revision requests – Requests for revision of custom content
- Received offers – Offers to buy your articles from clients
- My content – All of the content you’ve submitted
- My sales – Sales made through Constant Content
- Writing ideas – Suggestions for new article topics
- Forum – Get advice and support through our forums
- Your login name (my account) – Find out how to use the “My account” section
This area allows you to browse and claim various types of requests that our customers have asked Constant Content writers to create. You can find out more about the request system and how you can get the most out of it here.
Get more information on the projects that you’ve been added to by our customers. The “My projects” tool lets you access any files, messages, requests and other information you’ll need to write articles for the projects you’re involved with. Find out more about the projects system here. <link>
My Revision Requests
Clients may ask you to make revisions to articles. If they do, you’ll find details of any revision requests here. Simply click on the title of the article to work on any revisions. For more information, please see our guide to revisions.
When you submitted your article, you may have chosen to accept “offers’ from customers that don’t want to pay the full asking price. You can use this section to review and accept or decline these offers.
Please note that accepting an offer doesn’t always mean that they will purchase the article. Your article will still be available on our general catalog until it is sold. It’s often a good idea to accept offers on older, unsold articles.
This section lets you see a complete record of all content that you’ve listed on Constant Content. You can view articles by status, category, date submitted, no. of views, no. of sales and various other search criteria.
If you’ve got lots of articles on Constant Content, “My content” is one of the easiest ways to find your content. Clicking “edit” next to a title will let you change various aspects of the article including its sale price, category and the short summary.
If your article is rejected or sent back for review, clicking “edit” will let you make any requested changes. Once you’ve made the changes, just click “Resubmit.”
You can see the articles that you’ve sold, the type of license and how much your content sold for.
If you’re stuck for new article ideas, this section can be very helpful.
- Catalog sales lists the last 25 articles sold on Constant Content, including title, license type, price, category and date; use this to see the types of articles that are selling right now and the topics that are most popular
- Categories lets you see our current inventory of articles in every category. You can use this to find the areas of our catalog that have a low inventory or that are underserved
- Search topics lets you see what our customers are searching for on the site
Access the Constant Content forums for writers.