If you’re selling home products or design services, you may be struggling to attract leads in order to grow your business. You’re not alone. Many businesses in the interior design sector are falling behind when it comes to online marketing. The problem is that traditional marketing strategies are no longer effective.
The Benefits of Home Decor Content
Businesses that use content marketing generate three times as many leads than those using traditional marketing methods, and conversion rates are almost six times higher. This is because consumers no longer trust traditional sales tactics; instead they rely on content for knowledge and to inform their purchase decisions.
By sharing your company story and your industry expertise, you’ll engage your audience, build brand awareness, and become a valuable resource for potential clients.
Use the following content marketing tips to strengthen your online presence as a home décor brand.
Home décor and interior design professionals have a broad knowledge base and skill set:
- Architectural history
- Building codes and regulations
- Space planning
- Human environmental needs
- Project management
- Lighting design
- Color theory
- Fire and safety principles
- Knowledge of products and materials
- Knowledge of styles and trends
By delivering content that shows your expertise in these areas, potential customers are more likely to trust your judgement and want to do business with you. Use a variety of content formats:
- Blog posts. Creating regular blog content will improve your search engine visibility. To maximize your rankings, focus content around your particular niche. This could be as specific as “home décor for busy moms in Miami.”
- Photos. Images of products placed within a setting are more powerful than single product photos. Use photos of someone who represents your ideal client to make people feel more connected to your brand.
- Videos. Create before and after videos to showcase your creativity. If you offer design services, show yourself in behind-the-scenes footage so clients can see the real you.
But producing expert content isn’t always easy. If you’re planning on stepping up your content marketing game, consider hiring freelance home decor writers.
Use Gated Content Offers
Gated content such as in-depth guides are a great way to build your credibility and grow your email list. “Gated” simply means that your content is only accessible once users fill out a form with their name and email address. For more ideas, visit our Guide to Gating Content.
Show Your Portfolio
Displaying a portfolio of your work on your website offers inspiration to potential clients and gives people a sense of your unique style.
Increase Organic Traffic
- Ensure your content contains relevant keywords that match the search intent of your target audience. Use content based around your location and your niche.
- Submit your business to online business directories such as Google My Business, Bing Places for Business, Yahoo Local, Yelp, Yellow Pages, and Angie’s List.
- Include your company name, address, and phone number in plain text on your website’s home page, contact pages, and social media profiles.
[irp posts=”7529″ name=”Content Optimization: How to Optimize Content for SEO”]
Join Professional Organizations
The American Society of Interior Designers has an online member directory, where your member profile can include a link to your website.
Use Email Nurturing
Email marketing is ideal for attracting and retaining leads. Display opt-in email subscription forms on your website. You can then send out relevant content to build your credibility and promote your offers. For more ideas, visit our guide on How to Start and Grow an Effective Email Newsletter.
Use your social media accounts to promote offers, share your expertise, and update followers on the latest trends. Instagram and Pinterest are the most visual platforms, where prospective clients actively look for interior design inspiration. Get active on Houzz – a website and online community connecting homeowners with designers.
Clearly display your best reviews on your website. 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Promote Your Content Regularly
For maximum reach, you need to constantly promote your content. This means regularly sharing links to new content via social media and email. If your budget allows, use paid advertising to highlight your latest content.
Hire Professional Writers to Create Your Home Décor Content
If you don’t have the time to create and promote content week after week, hire professional freelance writers and designers. Focus on what you do best and hire people who can do what they do best. Many home décor businesses won’t be doing this, so it’s a great way to gain the competitive advantage in terms of quality content and online visibility.
Constant Content works with hundreds of talented content writers that specialize in creating home decor content.