Blogs remain one of the best ways to engage your audience, generate leads, and improve your online visibility. If you’re still wondering if blogging makes sense for your business, we hope the following blogging statistics that we’ve curated from over a dozen studies will convince you to make blogging a part of your content strategy.
[bctt tweet=”24 Blogging Stats You Need To Know in 2018″ username=”constantcontent”]
1. 55% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
From lead generation and brand building, to SEO and customer retention, there are few other marketing strategies that are so well suited to the online era.
[bctt tweet=”55% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.” username=”constantcontent”]
2. 66% of marketers surveyed used blogs in their social media content.
Promote your blog content across other channels to extend its reach and long-term value.
3. Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information.
Give your readers useful, insightful content on a regular basis. They’ll trust you more and continue to seek out your content.
4. From 2014 to 2017, there was almost a 400% increase in paid content promotion from bloggers.
Bloggers today are spending more money on paid ads to drive traffic. Consider using paid ads to promote your best blog posts.
Blogging and SEO
5. The average word count of top-ranked content in Google is between 1,140 and 1,285 words.
This doesn’t mean that longer blog posts automatically rank higher. Content quality, relevance, keywords, and links are also a factor. Focus on combining in-depth content with on-page SEO.
6. Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website.
Building quality backlinks to boost SEO is much easier if you produce a constant stream of high-quality blog content.
7. Blog posts that incorporate video attract 3 times as many inbound links as those without video.
Videos are becoming increasingly important for brands that want to attract attention and encourage content sharing.
8. Featuring a blog as a key part of your website will give you a 434% better chance of being ranked highly on search engines.
Frequently publishing original content to your website is a powerful signal to search engines that your site is relevant and useful.
[bctt tweet=”Featuring a blog as a key part of your website will give you a 434% better chance of being ranked highly on search engines.” username=”constantcontent”]
9. 10% of blog posts are compounding, which means organic search increases their traffic over time.
You can’t predict which posts will perform best, so keep publishing new content. Over time, you’ll learn which types of content drive more traffic.
10. Compounding blog posts generate 38% of overall traffic.
To improve the chances of your blog posts ranking higher in search engines, write more “evergreen” content that holds its value for years to come.
11. The average blog post takes 3 hours and 16 minutes to write.
Work with writers who are prepared to do more research to improve content credibility. You can’t rush quality content.
[bctt tweet=”The average blog post takes 3 hours and 16 minutes to write.” username=”constantcontent”]
12. Companies that published over 16 blog posts per month received almost 250% more traffic than companies that published up to four monthly posts.
Increase your blog post publishing frequency, as long as it doesn’t affect content quality.
13. Bloggers that post daily get 5 times more traffic compared to those that don’t.
Posting daily may be too challenging, but if you decide to take this route, consider outsourcing content to professional writers to meet content demand.
14. 45% of marketers outsource content creation.
Frequently creating original and engaging content is time-consuming. If you outsource writing, you can concentrate on other aspects of your business.
[bctt tweet=”45% of marketers outsource content creation.” username=”constantcontent”]
15. Almost 60% of marketers repurpose their content two to five times.
Blogs are a great place to test out different content formats and see which types of content resonate most with your audience.
16. Bloggers who update older content are 74% more likely to report strong results. However, only 55 percent of marketers do this.
As new trends emerge in your industry and new data becomes available, find opportunities to update older content.
17. Titles with 6 to 13 words tend to attract the highest and most consistent amount of traffic.
Test out different headline lengths to see what works best with your audience.
18. On average, companies with blogs produce 67% more leads per month.
A blog can generate leads even when you’re not working. Remember to include clear calls-to-action within posts to support your marketing goals.
19. Once you write 21 to 54 blog posts, blog traffic can increase by up to 30%.
Blogging should be seen as a long-term marketing strategy. Have patience and the results will come.
20. Companies that blog get twice as much traffic from their email marketing than those that don’t.
To maximize results, your blog should work in harmony with other channels, including email and social media.
21. 94% of people who share posts do so because they think it might be helpful to others.
To boost content sharing, make every post as useful as possible to your target audience.
22. Using images in your blog posts gets them 94% more views.
Professionally-written content is a must, but blogs should also be visually appealing.
23. 47% of buyers consume three to five pieces of content before making a purchase decision.
If you sell a product or service, use your blog to build your credibility. Potential customers will remember you when they’re ready to buy.
24. 43% of people tend to skim blog posts.
Consumers are faced with more online content than ever before. Make sure your blog is easy to scan with short paragraphs, subheadings, and visuals. And don’t be afraid to show your personality.
Hopefully, these statistics will inspire you to keep on blogging. Keep your blog content unique and interesting, and you can inspire your audience too.
Looking to hire blog writers? Look no further.