rejections

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

sparky38

rejections

Post by sparky38 »

I'm asking about article rejections. I'm new to CC. I have submitted 3 articles 3 times and have been rejected for different reasons each time.

When you receive notice of rejection does it include all reasons? I must be making small technical errors each time.I left out usage price the last time.If that is all I'm cited for on that article, that's all I have to change, right? That is unless I make a different error on the next submission.

Could someone post any writing help links that I could check out.

Thanks Chip
Ed

Post by Ed »

Articles will be rejected immediately for submission errors. If the article has been submitted correctly, then it will be read for content.

Ed
sparky38

Are all errors listed?

Post by sparky38 »

Ed,

I'm asking again if all errors are listed. Or am I going to keep submitting until it meets the guidelines. I think it is a fair question. I'm new at this. I didn't find your answer clear as to if all found are listed.
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

What ed is saying is that if you forgot to fill in a field in the submission form you will be rejected for only that reason. there could still be errors within the article. The rejections do not list every single error, but give a general idea as to how you can improve your article. For nistance, if you are rejected for "grammar errors" it might list one, but not all, of them. But, if it is failure to fill in the submission form there could still be errors, so no, they are not necessarily all listed.
sparky38

What Ed is Saying

Post by sparky38 »

Is there an order of importance? For example, my articles have been rejected this last time for form errors,which I understand. I fixed those and resubmitted. Has the article been checked for grammar yet? Thanks Chip
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Yes, there is an order of importance, and no, your article won't have been checked for grammar yet. First the articles are checked for form errors. So if you're missing anything there (example: didn't fill out word count or usage price), your article will be rejected, but Ed won't have read it yet. Once all the form issues are correct, Ed will read it for grammar, spelling, clarity, etc.

I hope this helps!
sparky38

Rules

Post by sparky38 »

Thanks, Lauren. It appears it is not easy to get an article accepted here.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

its very easy of you follow the writer guidelines:
http://www.constant-content.com/area/wr ... elines.htm

And if you're a professional writer.

The editors are not going to read the entire article if the article is breaking the basic guideline rules.
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Besides looking over the writers' guidelines and making sure that you understand them, you might also find it helpful to take a look at articles that have been accepted. Spend a litte while browsing, noting what has been written, and how it has been constructed. Study the short summaries. See what people download for long summaries. It is easy to see that certain writers are extremely successful at selling their work through this site. Take a good look at what they are doing, and try to do the same! Good luck.
Ed

Post by Ed »

This is excellent advice. Thanks for chiming in, Lauren and C.R.
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

Sparky,

What you should do is follow the writers' guidelines and submit your articles. Dont make any form errors. that's first.

I got my first article accepted only the third time I submitted it, you know. I made the mistake of including links the first time, then I got hit because of some grammatical errors. Third time, what I did was refer the elements of style, my style guide and make thorough change to my article. I might have cleared about hundred errors in about five hours of working on it. then I resubmitted the article, which remained for three or four days before being accepted. And the good news was that within two hours of acceptance, I got it sold. so, if you work on it, it should definitely be accepted. and be sure to refer the author guidelines. Also make sure you submit in right category. best of luck.

LenX