Hello and Goodbye - A message from the New Owners

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Hello and Goodbye - A message from the New Owners

Post by constant-content »

Hello Constant-Content community! It is with high hopes and great anticipation that we usher in a new period in Constant-Content’s history, and at the same time we wish to extend, on behalf of everyone who has enjoyed using this new and revolutionary marketplace, all our best and a hearty ‘bon chance’ to Chris Ross (your fearless leader!) as he moves on to other pastures.

We recognize that organizational changes often result in anxiety and concern on the part of constituents. We would like to reassure the whole community that while we have some great ideas to implement (such as revisions to aspects of the submissions process, clarity in the requests section to make it easier for authors to see if orders have been filled, and a section to accommodate larger and more specific content-generation projects) we are also committed to keeping the organic, community sense that we love so much about the site. We hope to tap into the knowledge and experience of some of the leaders on the site, who have stepped naturally into roles as educators and guides with much aplomb. As well the site’s editor has graciously agreed to stay on and will continue to help in the trenches with the tireless determination we have come to expect.

We will make sure that support@constant-content.com is an open channel of communication for any questions and problems. We also hope you will continue to use the forum to check in as we will be using it to keep everyone up to date and to maintain a high standard of transitional transparency.

But despite the wordy sentences and lofty ideals what we want the most is to build a great relationship with all of you over the coming months and years!

Sincerely,

David Kool (The new 'Constant')
Web Property Manager
Constant-Content.com
:lol:
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm excited to find out that you're behind the new Constant :) and have extreme confidence that the future is looking bright with this new knowledge.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Congratulations and welcome aboard! Although I will miss our fearless leader, I am certainly looking forward to a new Constant-Content with you. Usually I dread change, but it sounds as though you have some great ideas to implement. Best wishes for a successful venture. WG
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Anyone who uses the word "aplomb" so well is a winner in my book.

Welcome to a great place! I, too, love your ideas. Cheers!

(And don't listen to Ed - I am not grouchy. Well, OK, maybe sometimes...) :lol:
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

David,

I am so excited to be a part of the new Constant-Content! It's just like when I first joined the site back in the last part of 2007. Chris has accomplished an absolute superb job to make such a high quality writing outlet for buyers and writers alike. I believe all of the improvements you discussed make any of us forum-dwellers drool with anticipation.

Good luck on the transition period, and I think most of the regular writers here are very relieved to see someone with nearly as much "stake" in Constant-Content take the helm. I would be happy to help in anyway I can, even if it's just as a regular article submitter and forum crawler.

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth Ann West

:lol:
Last edited by Elizabeth Ann West on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD

Post by JD »

Congratulations and welcome. Onwards and upwards, as they say. :D Looking forward to it.

JD
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Hi David,
Welcome aboard, Cap'n! Agreed that Chris did a terrific job building this site; and I look forward with anticipation (and some trepidation, I'll admit) to any changes you may implement.
breidi

Post by breidi »

It is nice to meet you and Congradulations on your investment! I look forward to the new improvements you have planned! It is a pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful community of people!

Breidi Caparatta :D
constant-content
Site Admin

All smiles

Post by constant-content »

Thanks to everyone for their warm welcomes. I have been lurking around the site for the last month or so, and have been overwhelmed by the professionalism and generally sunny demeanor of all the writers here. It is nice to see a place where people are so willing to lend a hand to help others and to elevate the level of all members of the community. At the risk of sounding trite, my father always admonished me when I rushed ahead on hiking trips saying: "David, we are only as fast as the slowest hiker." Given, it was frustrating when the slowest member was my Uncle, half blind, with four toes on both feet, but the sentiment remained inviolate. I digress... Cheers to all!
kmd

Post by kmd »

New Constant~~ You don't sound trite. I love that line about the hikers. I'll have to use it on my son at some point.

Congrats on your acquisition! You're right about the generous and patient nature of writers (particularly Ed) in this organization. I'm sure many of us would not submit work or strive to improve without their encouragement.

Best wishes.
jak

Post by jak »

Good to meet you, David. All sounds really good, so far. Here's to some long and happy relationships.
Levelingtruth

Welcome

Post by Levelingtruth »

Congratulations David! If Content's king and we are the castle, shouldn't we be throwing some sort of huge ball right about now? Of course, one could argue that all writing is having a ball, but you are sort of the new prince holding the glass slipper. Besides, fairytales and happy endings are just so Constantly exciting! :D
cbhrbooth

congratulations

Post by cbhrbooth »

Congratulations David! I hope you have a lot of success with the website. I agree with you about the professionalism at Constant. It makes this site unique and is one of the primary reasons I keep an account here. I look forward to seeing your CC vision unfold.
Sincerely,
Mary B.