Good News and Bad News!

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Good News and Bad News!

Post by constant-content »

The bad news is I have sold Constant Content. Because Constant Content was becoming too large for just one person to handle, I made the difficult decision to pass the torch to a company that could manage the changes necessary for this growth to be beneficial for all of you.

The good news is that the sale is to a frequent customer, who has great plans for the growth and development of the website, all geared towards generating a lot more work for the current writers. I’ll let them explain the plans and in their announcement, but it’s definitely a good thing for Constant Content. I actually interviewed all parties that were interested in buying to ensure that the site went to the right people.

Ed will continue to work as the editor for Constant Content, so nothing will change there. I’ll still be around, handling escalated issues and showing them the ins and outs of the website for a while. I look forward to seeing this site grow even larger and seeing the writers of Constant Content reap the rewards of the new features and plans.

It has truly been a pleasure working with all of you!
Chris Ross
Ed

Post by Ed »

A huge thank you to Chris. I, personally, owe him a lot for giving me the opportunity to work in the capacity as editor for CC . . . and for the amount of patience he has shown time and time again.

And we all owe him a standing ovation for bringing this site to fruition and giving us all a home for our skills. He'll be missed!

Here's hoping you have a long vacation planned on an island with no internet connection!

Ed
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Holy smoke. My heart stopped for just a second there as I read the first sentence.

I'm very happy for you, Chris. I think you've done a kick-a** job of building this business.

The only good news I see so far is that Ed is staying on so we can keeping annoying him/her.

Have I ever mentioned I hate change?
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

That's definitely some big news... I didn't expect to read that when was lurking in the forums today, but I can understand where you are coming from. Once things get too large, it can turn out to be a lot of work for a single person. And you've truly outdone yourself with this website.

It's very impressive how you've managed to grow this site from the bottom up. You truly are an inspiration to many people out there, including me. Sometimes hard work really can pay off in the end :)

I can't wait to see how it all plays out with the new owners and will be anxiously awaiting their announcement! I wish you luck in any other ventures you begin (after your much earned vacation of course!). Be sure to stop in from time to time to let us know how you are making out :)

Thanks for everything!
JD

Post by JD »

Yes, as far as opening sentences go, that was quite something!

All the best, Constant. This is a great site. I'm glad I found you :) .

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. Exciting times for all, I hope - including you.

JD
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Wow! That is news! I am sure that you will be missed by many. Maybe now you can write a few articles, eh?
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Oh dear! That is big news. I have come to love this site and I would hate to see it change too much. But good luck Constant, thanks for developing this terrific market for writers. Hope you get to log in some time under a palm tree.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Wow, congratulations are in order for you Chris. You've built a fantastic website and I hope you can rest on your laurels for a while :)

Dying of curiousity to find out who the new owners are...
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Thanks Chris for all the great work. Constant-Content is most certainly in a class of its own when it comes to freelance writing.

I hope you got a pretty penny for the website!!! :)

Change doesn't always have to be a bad thing. As long as the new company keeps the things that work, like the great sense of community amongst the writers, and improve the area that can be improved, like timing out of public requests, it might be a fantastic thing.

I think it takes a very smart person to acknowledge when they need the cavalry, and also a very brave person to imagine there is something else out there for them.

Good luck to you, and glad you and Ed will be providing some continuity as other things are sure to change...

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth Ann West
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Congratulations! You've built an amazing site, and I hope you'll have a well-deserved break and exciting things ahead.
mgwhitemti

Post by mgwhitemti »

Congrats on the sale. This site is absolutely amazing, so it's not surprising that others were interested in buying the site. Kudos to you for having such a terrific and novel idea, and the energy and patience to nurure the site to what it has become today.

Mary White
jak

Post by jak »

Best wishes from me too, Chris. I was just browsing here having come home from travelling, and found your post. Wasn't going to contribute as I'm feeling shattered, but this news just has to get a comment. I've got so much more confident about my freelancing since I got going on CC, it has been reflected in the results of other work I've done as well as here. So I reckon I'm another who owes you a bit vote of thanks.
S.A.Holt

Post by S.A.Holt »

I owe you a lot Chris, and wanted to thank you while I had the chance. When I discovered CC, it was as though someone had restored sanity to the world. Finally, a way to court customers that provided some support and protection to the writer as well as the buyer.

You are a visionary and a friend to writers. Many thanks and good wishes.

Sara Elliott
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

Chris,

Congratulations on the sale! I too owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude, and I hope you enjoy great success now and in the future. You have done a tremendous job of building this site from the ground up, and I count myself fortunate to have shared in its success.

I look forward to continuing my work here at CC, and I can't wait to hear more about the new owner.

Take care and good luck,
Bonnie
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Thanks everyone for the kind words... i look forward to seeing the site grow even more.