New Private request area.

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

New Private request area.

Post by constant-content »

Some of you may have seen this already, but I thought I would mention it for those that have not.

We have a new private request area, where if the article is submitted to the subcategory no one can see these articles except for the customer assigned to this area.

http://www.constant-content.com/Categor ... uest-0.htm

The customer can request his/her own area or you can request it on the customer behalf. You may start to see requests that say “Please post to Private Requests/My Area”.
jak

Post by jak »

Thanks for this info, constant. Just hope it will be relevant for me sometime soon.

May I ask another question here which hasn't had an answer in another thread? In the new public request questions format, should we now upload our article files so the customer can read them from this file? Is that the idea of the upload file section? Is it so that we don't need to consider posting the complete piece in the detailed summary section? (Sorry that's more than one question but they are all related.)
constant-content
Site Admin

No, this is so the client can attach files for you to read or a place where you can make changes. This should not be used to attach articles. Unless you plan on giving your articles away for free.
jak

Post by jak »

Cheers. Glad I asked again now. Thanks for the quick response and advice. It may have seemed like a daft question but I truly didn't know the answer.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It looks like writers (when logged in) can view the private request folders - for example, I have several in the LifeScript folder and someone else has some in Eric's folder. When logged in, I can see the articles. When not logged in, I can not see them. This is fine from a customer browsing point of view as other customers won't be able to see private articles and inadvertently purchase them. If the customers are logged in, they can't see these articles unless they are the specific customer, correct?

Can you make a folder for Hugh and Jason for me, please? Thanks!

Also, I write for Jason and his colleague, Elton. While it would be nice for Elton to have his own folder, would Jason be able to access it? When Elton asks me to write something for him, he usually has me let Jason know and Jason makes the purchase. I could post his articles under Jason's area but then he wouldn't be able to see the articles to approve, would he? I guess I can just post to the main private request area in that case. No biggie. Just trying to figure it out.
Celeste Stewart

Hey Chris,
I have been posting my Lifescript articles in the Lifescript folder all along but putting my standard "don't purchase unless you're the requester blurb" in the short summary and that has been working to prevent others from buying the article. Now that the folders are supposed to be completely private, I stopped adding my blurb. Wouldn't you know, someone just bought one of them! So I guess customers can see the private folders after all. It always happens when I'm under a tight deadline too. Drat.

Now I have to write another plasma tv article by tomorrow and I still have several to go. Just when I thought I was almost caught up.
audrabianca

hi

Post by audrabianca »

When I log in as an author, I can view all the private request articles.
JD

Post by JD »

So can I. I can't see anything that's changed about this area, apart from the addition of client 'folders' on the right hand side of the page.

Jane
Celeste Stewart

When not logged in, you can't see the ones in the private folders. For example, if you log out and click Lifescript, you won't see any of them which is why I thought it was safe to drop my message.

But, apparently the customers can see them when they are logged in - or something because someone else ended up nabbing my article.

I had to go back and re-write a new one. It wouldn't be so bad except the articles are due tomorrow and I'm cutting the wire as far as how much time I have left to get them done and this set me back a bit. I'll get them all done but it's a little annoying.
constant-content
Site Admin

I believe these private request issues are resolve... it seemed articles were still showing up under searches. This allowed others to see articles posted to private areas.