New Section "Premium Articles"

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

grouchy

Post by grouchy »

I agree that it is a great way to showcase some of the best work of CC writers. Thanks, Constant & Ed, for the opportunity. The childhood obesity article is terrific, and timely as well.

Thanks again.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I am so proud to have a premium article!!! Would you believe my husband laughed at my alternative tips for shopping addiction article idea? LOL

I swear I need to STOP running article ideas by him, but it's my little way of trying to keep him included.

BUt he did give me sage advice, he said it was going to need to be very well worded to not sound like a ludicrous idea. Wam bam, it's in the premium section!

Thanks Ed, you rock my socks off!

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth West
Ed

Post by Ed »

I thought it was really creative, informative, and well-written. And you say you've just come into freelancing recently? No one would guess.

I'm glad the others like the choices. A few of the authors with Premium Articles don't submit anymore, which is a shame. They probably don't even know their articles are there.

The writers here at CC just keep getting better and better. It's great to be associated with such a talented community. Keep it up!

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Elizabeth,

First lesson: husbands simply don't get it.
Second lesson: but they'll be happy to spend your earnings :)
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

:idea: How about a premium article on how husbands will never really
'get it' -- they just aren't properly hard-wired. (Is there an upper word limit?)

p.s. I'm not male-bashing. It's just a fact, like how grass will never learn to mow itself. Men, I'm sure you can come up with similar ideas. Hmmm... how about a contest? :wink:
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hey, I just saw that the Single Malt Scotch article sold to someone! Looks like customers are browsing and discovering :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

I saw that, too. It's great.

Ed
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Ewww contest... next you'll want us to start rating each other's work!

LOL.

No my husband is a great sport, he's genuinely impressed by my article writing. He keeps marveling that money keeps coming in, and I'm not having to spend money on "inventory" or "cold call."

Ed- yes I am new to freelance writing, I started in October, but I'm not new to writing. I'm going to date myself here: During lunch period in middle school, my girlfriends and I had file folders with our own episodes of Seaquest DSV that we passed around and edited for JOnathan Brandis (RIP) screen time and romantic interest! I also wrote for 2 years for my university newspaper, and quickly became the writer in the editing room on deadline writing filler articles and wordsmithing other articles to fit space.

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth West
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

I've read about half of the Premium Articles, and I was very impressed. However, I think what surprised me the most is that reading the articles brought to mind a range of topics that I would be interested in researching and writing on. As a beginning freelancer, I've been successful writing to public requests but a little befuddled when it came to choosing my own article topics. So to the premium articles' authors I say, "Thanks for the inspiration!"
Ed

Post by Ed »

Awesome. This was part of the intent.