New Requested Content

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad you sent a notice to report about the problem. If you look under "Your Content" you can see if your article was approved - if it's there, then it has been.

I got the notice about the dog article request, but not about the female pastor article request, so I figured others were too.

Ed
Cyndy Hardy

Post by Cyndy Hardy »

[quote="Ed"]Celeste, thanks for the input. The requester is willing to pay .10 per word, so it would be great to meet this person's needs.[/quote]

I got excited until I read the offer. The budget is maxed at $20 for a 2000-word article. That's 0.01/word.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Go back and read the request more carefully. The request spells out that they will pay ten cents per word. They just left the default field at the default price.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Celeste, are your email notifications coming through?
Celeste Stewart

Yes, mine have been coming in.
jwatkins

Post by jwatkins »

I submitted an article to this particular customer, 800 words for $75. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. If it sells then it's .10 per word, if it doesn't it's .01 per word (or the article sucks :lol: ). They state that "Called" is a magazine so maybe it's not for the web in which case .10 for word is in line.
Ed

Post by Ed »

It was my impression that this is a print publication as well. That means that articles should not be written in the same style one would write for the web.

Jwatkins - watch that you include commas where necessary. Thanks!

Ed
jwatkins

Post by jwatkins »

Ed you're always helping! Thank you.
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

Hi Ed,

I'm getting some notifications but not all. I sold several articles today but only got one sold email. I also did not receive notifications for the two new requests that came in today. I have a Yahoo mail account.

Thanks,
Bonnie
Ed

Post by Ed »

I have mine sent to Yahoo as well. Hrm.
Celeste Stewart

To clarify, the requester says they pay ten cents per word right in the request.
"CALLED magazine, the premier lifestyle magazine for female pastors, is seeking writers. Pay: $0.10 per word. Using the Bible as the source of all ....."

They simply didn't change the price field which defaults to the $10-$20 range. So price your articles at ten cents a word or else you'll lose out.

They are indeed a four color print publication that comes out quarterly. I received an email from iFreelance with the same request before they posted the request to CC.
Celeste Stewart

Apparently someone posted a pricing question directly to the requester because I got a message from her stating this:

++++
You have a new message on Title:
At the $0.10 cents a word, a 2000 word piece would be $200. It is possible that our job is in the wrong pay category on Constant-Content.
++++

I didn't ask that question so I'm guessing her response went out to everyone who posted to her request? Or maybe it's a mistake that she responded to me. I don't know but there's a glitch with the messaging in the Public Request area. Private messages works great. Public ones need tweaking.

Anyhow: ten cents, ten cents, ten cents :wink:
Ed

Post by Ed »

This is one reason everyone should be reading the requests thoroughly . . . things may not always be what they seem at first glance.

And some customers may be willing to pay more; just because the choose the lowest category doesn't meant they aren't testing the waters to see how low authors will go. There's always room for compromise on both sides of the sale.
Celeste Stewart

I would love to see the "default" go away and force the customers to enter their own desired price range. Having the default set at $10-$20 implies that that is a reasonable asking price (which it can be for a quickie but not for in-depth pieces).
jwatkins

Post by jwatkins »

As Celeste stated, the magazine is willing to pay .10 per word. I submitted an article to them and recieved a message stating" The content of your submission falls well into the context of our editorial themes, however, I am looking for more specific and detailed \"how to\" pieces. " This was a how to piece but not that specific. Keep this in mind as your write your articles. Good luck.