Real Estate Rewrite Request

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Real Estate Rewrite Request

Post by Ed »

Writers Who Have Submitted to the Real Estate Rewrite Request:

I would recommend removing this submission once the buyer has what he or she is looking for, so these rewrites don't come back to haunt you later. I'm noticing a lot of writers have left much of the language intact, and this might be construed as plagiarism by an unsuspecting buyer down the road who picks up the article thinking that it is original to the author.

Ed
topdycke

Post by topdycke »

Good Morning,

Thanks for the heads up, Ed. I wrote to that request and while searching for a bit more information I came across a good chunk of that article on several sites, which has me a bit concerned. Is there any way that a post could be made in the forum when this buyer purchases? I'll try to keep a watch on the recently sold, but sometimes articles fly by and requests remain on the site. I would prefer to remove my article once he or she has made a decision.

Thanks,

Teresa O
Ed

Post by Ed »

I'll keep an eye out for the sale and notify Support about these concerns. I'll post if I see the request has been filled.

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Makes sense for us to withdraw the articles should they not sell to the original guy since they are all likely to be extremely similar.

I did see that "Sonia" has her article listed for free usage which certainly must be a mistake. Hopefully that will be taken care of before a bunch of customers download it?
Ed

Post by Ed »

Oh, Jeez. Good eye, Celeste. I, apparently, have not had enough coffee this morning. Thanks for spotting it.

Ed
Ed

Post by Ed »

Looks like one of these articles has sold, but I can't be sure that it was sold to the person who made the request.

Ed
Celeste Stewart

I saw that. I'm torn withdrawing the article if we don't know if "infohomes" was the purchaser. If someone else bought it and we all withdraw our articles, infohomes won't have any articles to choose from.

On the other hand, if our articles are similar to the one that sold and someone else bought the article, then when infohomes buys one, in a way he's getting ripped off because someone else has a similar article.

What an unusual situation this is! Too bad this one didn't go to someone as a private request.

I think I'll pull mine shortly regardless.
topdycke

Post by topdycke »

I just deleted mine. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

T
Celeste Stewart

I did too. It's not worth causing any of our customers duplicate content problems down the road or plagierism charges for any of us.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

I can confirm that infohomes has purchased one of these articles. Hope that helps! (I was wondering the same thing about what would happen if someone else purchased one of the articles.)