Recent Fraudulent Orders

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Recent Fraudulent Orders

Post by constant-content »

For some reason Fraudulent orders have been through the rough lately, most coming from Asia IP's. Today I was so upset I decided to ban the entire continent... I just couldn't take it anymore. I can’t imagine they were trying to steal articles my guess is they were testing stolen credit cards via CC.

I can’t imagine this being an issue since 99% of the orders were not from Asia. But if it becomes an issue I will allow the continent again... :) sounds funny I know.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You banned Asia, my birthplace!

Banning an entire continent does sound funny! What a strange thing to go through. How did you know the orders were fake? Just curious. I saw a bunch of articles got sold and then no longer showed up so maybe that was part of the deal?
constant-content
Site Admin

yea that was it... the credit card would be from some where in the US and the order IP would be in asia.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

It was a drag--I had a couple articles involved. I don't know what that says about them--somehow they were appealing to the Asian thieves. Personally, though my ancestry is European, I have a soft spot for the mysterious continent. I tend to write lots of articles about various Asian themes. Oh well, hopefully this will not become a trend. It's the first time that's happened with my articles. So, even though the Koreans or Chinese cannot buy my articles, I will still probably continue to write about them. :) JA
darcylogan

Post by darcylogan »

How do we know?

I received a notice that one of my articles sold yesterday. However, the article has not shown up on my "licenses" page nor does it show as "sold" when you view the article.

It was sort of weird, usually I receive the notice afterwards.

Darcy
constant-content
Site Admin

There was to many this time to send a notice to all the writers. If you received a sold email and its not longer sold and the money is gone for your account there is no other explanation. Sorry