Volunteer Writing - Blog Post

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Volunteer Writing - Blog Post

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

Just to let you know, I added a blog entry about volunteering writing skills. I know lots of you have volunteered your time and writing talents. I've listed some general examples or ideas, but it would be interesting (I think for everyone - not just for me!) if anyone has any personal experiences or other ideas to share.

Thanks!
Ed
Read the Constant Content Blog!
jak

Post by jak »

Last year I did a rewrite of a bid for funding from the UK’s Home Office for the Missing Persons Helpline, which was in danger of going under. Their bid was just a confusing mess and had to be restructured and rewritten to point out that they actually do loads of work that would need to be done by the police or other publicly funded bodies, so they really save public money. They immediately got some emergency funding and, as they appear to be still active, I guess they’ve got a more permanent solution now.

This is probably a road that other charities may have to go down. The job was quite time consuming and the sort of thing that can’t always be fitted in, but I’ll always be glad to help if I can.