Request System

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Request System

Post by constant-content »

We are working on a new request system... I would love to get suggestions from the writers.

- Writers will now be able to post an article to the requester. You will put in an article number and it will generate a email with link, as well as post that an article has been submitted with a link to it.

- Any question posted will now have the writers name attached to it, and it will be clickable so they can view all articles written by that writer by clicking the name.

- Date of request added.

Any other ideas or suggestions? I think I may take out the category selection, since many requesters are not using it.
malward

Post by malward »

Chris,

I like the idea of being able to post our articles to the requester, but think it would be best to leave the category section as is. The reason for this is that when new requesters come onto the site, they can easily find the category that will help them find the articles they need. What do you think? Only my two cents worth.

Mary
Dorothy Edison

Post by Dorothy Edison »

I find that it's easier to locate the requests that I can write for by using the topics as guidance. Maybe, instead of using the CC list of topics to choose from, the requesters could just be prompted to enter a general topic or be given the option to enter several topics. This would differentiate one request from another on the request screen and also allow writers to quickly zero in on their preferred writing topics.

DE
LJade

Post by LJade »

Oh, I don't know but I just went to the Q&A and the saw the changes......WOW! The link insertion that goes directly to the article option with notes, that's ingenius honestly.

Now all you have to do is click search, insert and submit. That's the kind of thing that makes one say, "Geesh, why didn't I think of that?"

I don't have any ideas and with the improvements...I think you're doing a good job on your own there.
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

A-ha! No wonder I didn't see that article insertion box yesterday. It did just show up today!

I like it.
LJade

Post by LJade »

Snap! Nicole had me thinking I possessed some kind of magic. lol
L. E. Gant

Post by L. E. Gant »

The new request Q&A idea is great - nice to see what people are asking (and the responses they get).

I tend to write on practically anything, so I don't particularly like categories - keywords are okay, as long as the search function works.

What I would love to see is requesters suggesting a title and an idea on the content they want, rather than a category. It's close to what they do anyways, but formalise it so we're more in tune with the direction to take.
Dorothy Edison

Post by Dorothy Edison »

I'd have to disagree with L.E. The broadness of requests allows many people to respond to the same request and gives the requester many different article topics to choose from. If they're only looking for specific titles, it may limit what articles the purchaser is willing to pick up.
karens

Post by karens »

I like the change, but I do have another suggestion. How about adding a date and time to the Q & A Posts. That will make it easier to track everything. Not all content requesters are good about responding.

The one thing I really don't like about this section is the lack of responses from some of the requesters. YOu never know if their request is old or if they are still looking....of course, I have no idea how that could be made better...I'm just saying.
LJade

Post by LJade »

I believe the reason most requestors don't necessarily list a specific title is because they don't know what they want, they wait to see what angles we take and then they choose.

As far as the requestors not being involved... ha/ha.

I'll keep my mouth shut because it just ticks me off and those are the ones who probably never truly intend to purchase content anyway, kiddie play.
maesterseymour

Post by maesterseymour »

People do that on Guru .com too. But there are so many requests that seem already full of response. But the recently sold topics seem to be all over the palce.

Confused?
Jaye Lewis

The New System

Post by Jaye Lewis »

I am really looking forward to the new system, if I understand what it is. I find that sometimes I wait so long for approval, that moss grows on my sides! Thanks for keeping us informed, and I hope that every writer at CC benefits from a more balanced approach for posting articles.

Thanks ever so.
Jaye Lewis
Article Admin

Post by Article Admin »

Jaye,

All of your articles have been approved. There is nothing showing in the approval area from you. If your articles don't show as approved, please let us know. Thanks, AA