Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

New Logo?

Post by constant-content »

J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

I like the big red globe (tjsbest #3), but then, I'm partial to old maps. Anyway--it's big, eye-catching and still sophisticated. I'd hate to see any cartoons.

My husband liked the garden hoses--I always thought of them as serpentine--the idea of the snake eating its own tail to signify the perpetual and continual nature of things.

In any case, I'm liking the new site a lot. I love the editing capability once an article is approved.

Good luck. JA
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I like Concept stor #1 and the globe. I also like OsWin MB's design though the arrows pointing down seem negative to me.
constant-content
Site Admin

hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have asked :)

I like the simple ones... Not sure what a globe has to do with content, I thought it was too busy.
Celeste Stewart

Simple is good. You'll get a gazillion opinions if you ask us! Go with your instincts :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't like the globe because it doesn't say "constant" or "content" to me. I really like the really simple one - the one with the brackets around it. I think it is bold and makes a smart statement. After all, all the big names have the simplest logos - Google, Fark, etc.

The simple one is one that is a modern image that would fit well on personal and professional websites alike. You see the words, not an image.

Ed
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

My husband and I took a look at all the logos. We definitely like the simple ones best, and we thought the same thing about the globe. It looks more like it should say WorldNews.com. Honestly, I don't mind the current logo.

Elizabeth
Keesa

Post by Keesa »

I'm rather fond of the current one, actually...it's simple, it's classy, it's memorable.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

On behalf of the globe...
Actually, I'm envisioning it's slogans such as:

"A world of content"
or
"Content for everything under the sun" :D

Ok, there's a reason why I'm not in advertising.

I'm happy so long as it's sophistcated. Good Luck! J
constant-content
Site Admin

southernrose

Post by southernrose »

I think that one is nice and simple, and the picture relates to content without being distracting.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Why is the "paper" orange?
topdycke

Post by topdycke »

The red globe was the most eye-catching, but it needs 2 c's incorporated into the design and wouldn't look that good with the color scheme. I don't care for the "if content was king..." it sounds cheesey. I'm all for less is more. Good luck choosing.
Celeste Stewart

I see the new logo is up. Very nice! That's cool that you had a contest for it. It looks awesome with the new site.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yes, seeing it up there, it's very nice.