Self Promotion on Forums

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Self Promotion on Forums

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

Recently, a few writers have been directing Constant Content members to their personal websites, ebooks, etc. While everyone here is supportive of your efforts outside of CC, and a single mention of your accomplishment is okay, using every opportunity to drop a link to your site is not.

If a writer has a question, their questions can best be answered best through discussion or by directing them to onsite documentation.

Thank you,
Ed
HayleyWriter

Re: Self Promotion on Forums

Post by HayleyWriter »

Whoops - I am definitely guilty here. My apologies and I promise not to do it again. :oops:

Hayley
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Just read this post after submitting a "priced to sell" article to CC that includes a section walking readers though the benefits of buying at CC. Yup, I've dropped a couple on topic links to my blog here, but I've got 10 times the links built now to drive traffic TO CC from other sites and I'll continue to promote the site for free every way I can dream up. I respect the sentiment though Ed. You guys run a good show.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I believe that the point of minimizing self-promotion here on the forum isn't to be unfair but to keep the forum a comfortable place where we can all gather without sales pitches and such. The situation wasn't overly obnoxious but I can imagine it could get out of hand fairly quickly as more writers perceive those posts as being acceptable and joining in pitching their writing- (or non-writing) related wares, affiliate products, and AdSense blogs.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I'm an Admin and heavy poster on another non-writing forum that is VERY pro-business. We do many thousands in sales and auctions between members every month and encourage our members to develop related businesses. It can be hard to switch gears.

I've modified what I'm guessing was the offending post. If anyone wants to know my opinions and ideas they can read what I post in this forum, buy my CC articles, or just Google me to read my many articles posted on other sites and on my blog :) Happy writing