New Resource for the New Year

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

New Resource for the New Year

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

A new resource has been published which covers some of the most important aspects of writing for Constant Content. Included are links to more information about grammar and writing concepts, as well as extended explanations for some aspects of the submission process. Please note that it does not include any new requirements. It simply compiles much of what I use on a daily basis on one easily accessible page. I hope some of you will find it useful.

http://www.constant-content.com/about/e ... elines.htm

Wishing every one of you all the best for 2010. May it be full of opportunities and success, in writing and all of your other endeavors.

Ed
DennisMartz

Re: New Resource for the New Year

Post by DennisMartz »

Ed,

I've just started going through the extended guidelines and want to say "thank you" for taking the time to put all of this together (it's a project just reading it - I can't imagine how much work you put into writing it...) and with just the little amount of time I've put into reading it, I've already come across something that I know will make a big difference in my writing that I wanted to let you know about.

I submitted an article on Walt Disney (which is still in review) that when written, I really didn't have a target "audience" for. After reading the section on audiences, I realize there actually WAS an audience - "Entrepreneurs", but I didn't realize it until I'd finished writing the article.

Now, after reading the extended guidelines I realize I would have written a better article if I'd targeted it FOR entrepreneurs from the beginning... (which means your efforts are not in vain - I've learned something - and and hope to KEEP learning until the day I stop writing)

I'll probably rewrite the article at some point in the future, but for now think it's probably better to leave it in review and move on to my next article while the momentum is still there...

I look at CC as being a "Top Gun" school - you take the "best" writers and make us even "better" and I consider it a privilege to be working with you...

Thank you!
Dennis
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I look at CC as being a "Top Gun" school - you take the "best" writers and make us even "better" and I consider it a privilege to be working with you...
I like that, Dennis.
Ed

Post by Ed »

It will probably be in "project" phase for awhile, Dennis. (If anyone has any problems with broken anchors or links, please let me know.) Given the holiday lull, which has since ceased, it was time to just do it.

I'm so glad someone has already found it helpful. If you have questions about audience, feel free to start a discussion in the Author Exchange thread. Likewise for anyone else who needs clarification on any point made.

It's a privilege for me, too!

Ed
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

Nike would be proud, Ed.