Website Problems (5-3-2005)

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Website Problems (5-3-2005)

Post by constant-content »

We have been having slowness problems as well as timeouts and errors all over the site. This should be fixed now and you should notice the site is much faster now. Sorry for the problems.

Thank you
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

Maybe not yet. I just submitted an article. Took several tries to get past the error messages and took a very long time to upload.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

Yeah. I'm still getting random timeout errors just when surfing the site normally.
constant-content
Site Admin

Strange... I'm not seeing this at all. Is anyone else having this problem? If it continues please let me know.

Thanks
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

It's been fine for me since around 5 PM EDT.
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

It's just after midnight here on the left coast. The slowing problem is still there. Site slows down, returns almost to normal and slows down again. Been like this all day.
constant-content
Site Admin

Hi John -

Any particular pages or processes or just slow in general. Any other input you give to help me figure out where it is happening would be great.

Thanks
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

Chris:

It started about noon yesterday, California time, when I submitted an article. The Upload took a very long time, kinda like the site downshifted to first gear.

Other areas where I encoutnered the slowing was when I checked on My account, Recently Sold Content. On teh forums the slowing appeared intermittent. Speed would get up to a near normal flow, then abruptly decrease, with the cycle repeating.

Today's check seems to be OK, but it is still taking longer than normal to log in.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

I'm getting connection refused and time out errors at all hours of the day, sometimes for 15 - 20 minutes at a time. I get them when I access all areas of the site, it's not centralized in one particular place.
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

And for me here on the Left Coast, the problems seem to have cleared up. Speed is back up to normal. Access to forums is good. Don't know about uploadding articles. Everything else seems OK. Gremlins in the machine?
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

As of yesterday, I've been navigated CC smoothly, as well. Page loads are much speedier now for me. Thanks!
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

Everything is still cool this AM.
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

IMO, the site is running much better. Today, I received a "Constant Content Article Sold" email; the first in several weeks.

Thanks Chris!
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

John Zee wrote:Everything is still cool this AM.
Yes, I concur. I'm mostly getting these timeouts in the evening and during the early morning hours.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I am just now starting to have problems. I am unable to upload my files. :(

I guess I'll try for a little while longer, but I don't have that much tolerance. It's been happening all day. I haven't been able to upload anything. And yes, I'm doing it correctly. I have never had this problem before.