Well.... not so smooth

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Well.... not so smooth

Post by constant-content »

The new site is up and working but we are still working out the bugs, we are counting on all of you to report them. Sorry for this it didn't go the way we planned and for the down time.
sireen

Post by sireen »

Glitches always happen when making changes like these. The site looks much better and I'm confident everything will be running smooth in no time!
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Well, I've been playing with this new puppy all morning. A small glitch seems to be when I go into look at my author name like a customer would. The stats under my name are way off--says my total number of downloads is 16. They are accurate under the top ten section though.

Well, so far nothing else. I love it!
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

I think it's great - very sleek and professional looking. Don't stress over the glitches though. They happen to all of us, and once you've got the kinks worked out it's all good!

Just a couple of small things that I noticed (other than the stats issue that J.A. Young pointed out). I can't see the names of any of my referrals any more, and the Payment Threshold is seems to be $0 instead of $50.

Awesome!
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

Two things I am really happy about - no more free articles, and the CC logo doesn't look like a piece of garden hose anymore. I can't wait to try the new submission form. Does the 0.00 payment threshold mean we can claim payments under $50.00? Just wondering, it might just be a glitch.
It just looks great. Well done!

Gail
TheWriteKind

Post by TheWriteKind »

I can't seem to change the order of the requested content lists with the arrows at the top of the page--Im assuming (and correct me if Im wrong) but the arrows are there to sort the list how we want it--by title, date, or requester. My arrows don't work.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi, what if the Account Status had a touch more info such as any recent sales, and even the running balance of payments waiting to be submitted to PayPal. That would be cool. We could just look at one page to see if we have new messages, any new sales, and if we've been paid recently. Just a thought, I know you have a ton on your plates right now getting the basics just right.....I love, love, love the messages alerts! That alone is well worth the growing pains!

I'll miss the garden hose but Gail is right :)
Ellen Russell

Post by Ellen Russell »

I noticed the off stats, too. Besides that, I see tht when I edit article info in my queue I noticed at least one (DInner Party Wines) says there is one sold, but there are no downloads and it doesn't show anywhere else. This seem not to show as downloaded to customers, which is most important, As far as I know there has never been a sale on this article. I'll let you know if there are any others.
constant-content
Site Admin

I wasn't able to find that article, can I have the exact title.
Ellen Russell

Post by Ellen Russell »

I'm Hosting Dinner Party Buffet Style. What Wine Should I Serve?

Thanks
telzzz

Still waiting for 1st article to be reviewed

Post by telzzz »

I like the new site layout and I can see a lot of work has gone into it. My only problem at the moment is this:

I am a new author with CC. I submitted my first article for review early last week but it hasn't been reviewed yet. I don't want to submit any more until I have the ok, because of the "three strikes and you're out" policy. I understand that the site upgrade has probably affected the review process but now that it's back, will my article be reviewed soon?

Terry Roberts
Celeste Stewart

Welcome telzzz. Hang in there. We're all waiting. By the way, the editors are awesome and understanding.

Chris, is there a problem with the order processing? I show several large purchases from a private request that are in the "order being processed - unpaid" stage -- normally his payments get processed right away. Maybe this time he paid with a check but it just seems unusual.
constant-content
Site Admin

I think we have all the issues posted her worked out we are working on some others but if you see anything else please let us know.
Celeste Stewart

posting request problem?

Hi,

I had a customer try to post a private request with no luck.

Here's what he said:
" I tried making a new request for the files but doesn't look like it is working after I clicked on Submit. Well here is the URL for the content....."

Also the URLs are being blanked out (although they come through in the email)

I understand you are probably blanking web addresses and emails to stop us from posting contact info but in many cases we need the URLs for assignments. In this customer's case, 99% of the time he will point me to a URL for reference.

Can you help?
constant-content
Site Admin

URL blocking was a bad idea, we are trying to change that.