June Submissions

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

June Submissions

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

No doubt you've been delighted with the recent number of requests that have come pouring into your inbox. This, of course, creates a situation in which the volume of articles submitted is greatly increased. This also means that, when I prioritize articles for requests, a backlog of articles for general purchase is created.

Please be patient and understand that, even if there are a lot of articles for requests in the queue, I try to do at least some articles for general purchase each day. When there are few requests, I can concentrate on reviewing articles for general purchase - in this case, there is a speedier turnaround time for these articles. During periods when there are many customer requests, turnaround time for these articles is slower. It's easy to see from this continual flux that there isn't really a "normal" time for review. Review time depends upon a lot of factors.

Additionally, just a reminder that, while the request for romantic poems was open, and if you used the request system, poetry was accepted. Now that the request is closed, we cannot accept any more poetry. Our guidelines state that we do not accept poetry, and this guideline has not changed.

Thank you,
Ed
Celeste Stewart

Re: June Submissions

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Looks like there are quite a few in-depth requests which take longer to write and I imagine take longer to review as well.
Ed

Post by Ed »

You're so perceptive. :)
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

The iPhone request was kinda cool. I tried so hard not to slam Blackberry.

Thanks for posting this too, btw. I'm not a poetry writer (wayyyy too foo foo for my tastes) but I did have a question about how things go for requests that are outside of the guidelines.
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

Thanks for always keeping us updated Ed. It really helps.
Deanna
jstevewhite

Post by jstevewhite »

Ah, that explains it. I've been away for a while; I've been used to the alacrity with which Ed approves articles, so I was a little puzzled. By the way, nice changes to the site!