Using the Request System and Responding to Requests

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Using the Request System and Responding to Requests

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

Just a couple of reminders about answering requests and using the request system:

1) Articles for Public Requests may not be placed in the Private Requests category. Placing your article in the Private Requests category will prevent it from becoming available to other customers if the requesting customer declines the request.

2) Just because an article is for a request does not mean it's time to play fast and loose with the guidelines. If the customer has asked for specific requirements that necessitate deviation from the guidelines, this should be indicated in the short summary field and is permissible. Otherwise, guidelines must be followed as with all other submissions.

3) If you have written an article for a request that is closed, do not submit it using the request system by indicating that it is for an unrelated request. These articles go directly to the customer's inbox, and customers should not be alerted to articles that do not fit their current needs or that are for another customer's request. This undermines the intent of our new request system, which is meant to streamline the process for everyone.

3) Articles that are written for closed requests must conform to our guidelines. When the request is no longer open, it means it has been filled. If a customer asked for an article 3 months ago that required links and the request has been closed, the article you submit may not contain links. Another customer may be interested in your article, but the submission must follow our guidelines. That is, you must modify your article so that it will meet the requirements of articles for general purchase. The original customer has already moved on.

It is easy to ascertain the status of a request. You can use the Requested Content page available to you upon login, or you can use the submission form, which provides a drop-down menu of current requests and their expiration dates when you check the "for a request" box.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed

Re: Using the Request System and Responding to Requests

Post by Ed »

One more point: articles MUST be placed in a topical subcategory. If your submission is not categorized beyond "Articles," your submission will not show up in search in the event the customer declines the article.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

How are we to handle the recent requests that seem to be more author shopping i.e. haven't provided enough information to write an article with just the request itself. One of the more recent requests I'm thinking of asks for 300 word articles on specific products, so should we send a reply we're interested and for them to give 1-2 specific products for a test drive?

Thanks Ed. Trying to get back into the swing of things with the new system changes. :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi Elizabeth,
I believe the way we interact with customers is still the same. We can still ask for clarification on what the customer wants if the request is unclear though we we shouldn't enter into pitching our qualifications and "I can do your $50 articles for $3 each" types of things. The Q&A link is still available as far as I know.

PS, congrats on the "it's a girl" news :)