Attn: Public Requests and Errors

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Attn: Public Requests and Errors

Post by Ed »

Writers,

Everyone is writing/competing for the same requests, which is resulting in a lot of sloppy mistakes either in the articles themselves or in the submission forms. Please be aware that it is in your best interest to make sure your submission follows our guidelines and is error free the first time it is submitted; submissions that do not follow our guidelines/contain errors will be rejected. This effectively places them in the back of the line when you go to resubmit. By that time, other articles for the same request will have gotten approved, meaning the customer making the request will see those articles first and may already have what the need by the time your article gets approved.

Thanks,
Ed
BarryDavidson

Re: Attn: Public Requests and Errors

Post by BarryDavidson »

Personally, I liked the old method. I never look at the emails. I was used to coming on the site, and checking out the Requested Content page. Call me old fashioned if you will, but I made many sales by submitting to older requests.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I believe that you can still do that.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Oh... The wording makes it sound like they disappear once they're filled. I'll have to doublecheck that.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hey Barry,

We're encouraging customers to close requests once they have been filled so that the request system doesn't get filled up with requests that they are no longer willing to interested in getting new articles. That's also why we introduced the expiry dates on requests to help get requests that are no longer active out of the system.

That said, if the customer doesn't close the request you can keep on submitting articles to the request. As Celeste mentioned you can still browse to the "<a href='http://www.constant-content.com/account ... '>Requests Content</a>" page and submit a new article to any of the requests that are there either through the "Send Message/Attach Article' link or through the article submission page.

HTH,
jrichards
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Thanks...

I'd forgotten all about posting that.

You see, I'm one who resists change. Mainly because it's like software and operating systems. Every time they update and make it more "user friendly" - they're full of bugs, half the old options are gone, and only the price tag has gone up.

That being said, I've gotten used to the new system. I just stopped writing for public requests for the most part. Hurrying causes errors, and something like a deadline makes writing feel too much like a job. To me that translates to, "This isn't fun anymore." So, I just do my own thing. I even had an offer for one of my political rants today, and I was almost convinced that that would never happen.
sabrianc63

Post by sabrianc63 »

Hi new here and I did write for a request several days ago and was communication with the client , and did submit the article but it is still sitting in review and the deadline the client needed this by has passed. I am waiting to see how my 2 article in the cue will do once they get reviewed rejected or accepted . before writing anymore. seems to be taking a long time.
I think if things were to get reviewed a bit quicker this might motivate us writers more.
S.Crone
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi S. Crone,

It can take a while for articles to go through the system, especially after a weekend. I've had a few articles in review several days myself, so Ed must be overwhelmed with a lot of submissions to review at the moment. Sometimes, it doesn't take so long - it just depends on how many other people submit at the same time.

I advise new authors to work on articles that are not for requests at first. Many customers buy articles without making requests. Write articles about topics that interest you and build up a portfolio of quality articles. This also helps you to get used to the submission guidelines for this site, without stressing about missing a request deadline. The submission guidelines are strict, and if you make spelling and grammatical errors, (as you have done in your post in the forum), you will find your work is rejected. I notice that the articles that are rejected do take longer in the review process.

Once you are confident you can submit articles that meet the submission guidelines, then it is easier to submit to the public requests, where the customer wants the articles quickly. You really should not be in "communication with the client" until you have an article APPROVED. The message section with the requesting customers is to allow authors to submit previously approved articles to a new request. When you submit an article to a request, the customer receives notification of the article's existance as soon as it is approved, and can choose whether to purchase the article or not. We don't tender for articles or bid with customers for the "right" to write for the request. We simply write and submit the articles. Quality articles will be approved, and the customer can select from those articles to purchase the article(s) that suit their needs. You really do not need to be in communication with the requesting customer, the approved article will speak for itself!

I hope this helps,

Hayley