Do Not Post Full Articles In Long Summary

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Do Not Post Full Articles In Long Summary

Post by Ed »

Quoted from Q/A Forum:

Friends-
I am writing here to warn you that we can no longer have articles on the site that have the entire article posted in the long summary. We will be doing a sweep over the next month and removing articles that we find to be posted in this manner. The reason that we are doing this is because it is unfair to the consumer, who often times erroneously thinks that we are hiding part of it to protect the writers. That is precisely wrong. We aren't protecting the writers per se (we're all family here so I can be honest), we are hiding it from thieves to protect the consumer from purchasing useless writing that is plastered all over the internet. And in spite of the former comment, this is also protecting you from refunds, which, if your article was posted in this manner, we will no longer be eating as we for the most part have done up until this point.

When you put the whole article in the long summary since I can guarantee that 90% of the time that articles will be stolen. It is difficult to track and remove stolen articles and it can take time to do so and in the process may ruin the Google ranking of the article that many of our buyers are looking for.

This rule is to protect you, and to protect the buyers that we depend on. We want to deal honestly and ethically with everyone, so if a buyer would like to see an article in total before they buy it, please contact support and we can arrange something, but don't try to put it in the long summary anymore, they will be rejected and erased from the site.

-David Kool
audrabianca

Re: Do Not Post Full Articles In Long Summary

Post by audrabianca »

Do we have to go back and edit the summaries of all of our articles?
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

Does this mean that the affected authors will need to go through their content and trim all of their long summaries? I know I usually do post most or all of the content in the long summary; I will happily trim the articles to avoid having them removed but it may take me some time to do so.

Thanks,
Bonnie
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hi - Both of you have tons of content, so I would shoot a note to Support letting them know that you're willing to do this and to give you some time. I'll try to find out, too.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Same here though many of mine are actively guarded and monitored (at my own expense) with Copyscape's CopySentry tool to avoid this exact scenario. I'll go in and remove some of the content from the long summary as required and put in an "article continues" note at the bottom.

I've been a strong believer that posting the entire article leads to more sales, so I hope we can eventually find a workable solution where the customer can see what he's buying without creeps stealing our stuff.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yeah - I certainly see both sides of the issue. We don't want this to decrease sales of articles. Let's hope a compromise can be reached eventually.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I'll have more information for everyone soon.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Thanks Ed. I hope the news is that this is all an early April Fool's joke as I don't have the time to edit mine. This is disappointing news for sure in more ways than one.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I have one small concern about this new policy change... I just noticed we now have an icon showing our articles are protected by copyscape, and a keyword density indicator. Cutting our articles are going to adversely affect the keyword density, especially for longer articles that are segmented.

I would ask that some type of clear warning is placed now that the long summary is NOT the full article, so that customers seeing 1.5% keyword density are not turned off, as most want 3-5% for top search term....

I do like the keyword density tool, as it's made me notice I need to improve more on focusing on a lesser variety of words in my shorter articles.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

This "do not post full articles" rule lasted all of 24 hours or so. There's another post rescinding it: http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =9&t=13694

and here's yet another post about the issue and it's resolution: http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =2&t=13691

Confusing because there are so many threads but in short they fixed the issue and we may now post the full article as before. Selecting text, and copying and pasting it is no longer an option. Yay!