Emails Going Out Okay?

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Emails Going Out Okay?

Post by Ed »

Hi All,

There were several requests just approved. I'm showing one request notification in my inbox.

Is everyone still having problems with their emails getting through?

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

For me, one came in followed by about six more shortly after.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Great.
jstevewhite

Post by jstevewhite »

I got a whole raft of 'em, too. I think mail is working.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I hope I'm the only casualty, then. Please pipe up if you aren't getting emails.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I'm not getting emails... I sent support information about it last week. Just figured they would get to it when they do.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Although my emails got through, it is extremely frustrating for me when request notifications (among other emails) aren't getting through to authors. It seems like feast or famine when submissions are approved - a bunch of authors pounce on one submission, but completely avoid others. This could be for a variety of reasons, of course, but I do get the feeling that it may have something to do with the emails.

I know it's unweildy at this point, but any one who isn't getting emails, please check the request board regularly.

I'll make sure that Support is aware of your problem, EAW. Anyone else want to chime in?

Thanks,
Ed
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

I got a bunch in yesterday all from the same requester. I seem to be getting all the request emails okay.
Elizabeth Ann West

My problem is a little deeper than just request emails (for which I have no time for at the moment). I'm trying to work with a private requester who also is not receiving emails when the work is done. This has strained the assignment, as I didn't see a request for 2 days. I know I can remedy this by just checking my requested content, but as someone accustomed to receiving emails, it's hard to learn new tricks. lol!

As a side note, with the spotty email notifications, to myself and also to clients, it does make it a little bit embarrassing to tell customers "Sorry, we can't communicate any other way." Which is also something I had to do this past week. :(

But, I am understanding, I know the website is going through growing pains literally. I am overly confident when all is said and done, C-C will be better and a mean content creating machine.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I understand. Thanks for explaining your situation. I'll let you know if a solution can be arranged.

Thanks for your patience and positive attitude. Things are rough right now, but it's all for the better.

Ed
Ed

Post by Ed »

From Support's end, everything seems to be working properly. I hope this doesn't seem patronizing, but you've checked that your spam filter allows for email from constant-content.com?

If anyone else is having problems getting their email notices, please speak up so that we can determine if this is an isolated situation or more widespread.

Thanks,
Ed
damyanti

Re: Emails Going Out Okay?

Post by damyanti »

I am getting all the notifications ok.

The only thing was when I posted on the forum a while ago, the post disappeared.

And now I think a new look of the forum has come up, in blue instead of red.

Maybe the post disappeared cos the forum was changing just then? Anyway, I posted again on the rejection thread, and hopefully it will stay long enough for you to see it, Ed :)
Elizabeth Ann West

Ed,

Whatever magic they worked at 3 AM rocked. I received 6 emails, first two were that my articles sold, the second two were about two new requests and the last 2 were to inform me that the two articles I sold 45 minutes ago (according to email time) were accepted :)

LOL

Looks like it's fixed though, so that will help.

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth Ann West
Ed

Post by Ed »

Great to hear!
Grady

Post by Grady »

Ed, I think you know me and my work without stating it here. I've been writing with CC in various incarnations for a little over a year. However, in my current incarnation, I have not been receiving the public request emails. That would be for 2 or 3 months. I also had that problem in the past. The interesting thing is that email carriers were different, aol and yahoo. I don't know what to tell you except that my emails stating my articles were accepted were coming through fine.

For Elizabeth, I am glad you are getting sales. I've been in a dry patch lately.