Just a plain old request for an update

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

grouchy

Just a plain old request for an update

Post by grouchy »

Hey, David -- Just wondering what's happening in your world of all things technical. Any changes coming down the pike soon? Any good marketing news? Any new glitches? Anything to look forward to?

Maybe this time of year is usually kind of quiet - anyone with experience care to weigh in on that? My motivation to write is losing out to my motivation to be outside slaughtering dandelions. Help. :?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

HI Grouchy!~
Ah, the peaks and valleys of cc. I, too, have been hearing the outdoors calling my name and have been giving in to it.

Try picking a new topic and see if that helps. Good Luck! WG
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hey grouchy!!!!

Just checking on you and trying to offer some more motivation. Topic ideas that should sell in the next three to four weeks max:

1-dog article with a unique slant to it
2-mortgage crisis
3-Internet-related topics
4-psychic topics

If you want a long-range topic that might sell sooner, go with Poker.

Come on, pick one and go for it. You've got good stuff and I want some competition! Although, I will leave #3 totally alone for the moment as it isn't calling my name.

Seriously though, I want you to perk up so we can all have a party at your house. I bet Ed is game.

WG
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

PARTY? Did someone say "party"? Now that's a topic that's calling my name.

WG, I'm sending a bear hug your way. You are a motivator! And I'm honored to be thought of as competition.

Let the games begin!

Thanks. :D
Ed

Post by Ed »

Actually, I don't recall seeing any articles on how to make a killer margherita.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

That is a state secret.

Nice try.
Ed

Post by Ed »

8)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Chin up Grouchy, looks like you just made a lovely, "organic" sale.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

I'm shakin' my head. That article has been sitting for close to a month and today I decided to try a new title. Bingo. This just reinforces my belief that I will never understand how buyers' minds work. Scary. :shock:
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You never know - that's for sure. But enjoy the boost! And pass me one of those frosty drinks of yours, por favor.
jak

Post by jak »

Thanks for the low down, Grouchy. I've just followed your example and resubmitted my Friday 13th piece. Here's hoping. Otherwise it will have to be rehashed for next year.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Good job, Grouchy! Now, let's see you get another sale! Got any new topics swirling in your head yet?
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

WG - funny you should ask! I decided to do a dog article -- a specific topic -- but as I was researching it I came across something else that interested me more - blood banks for dogs. It's out there now. (I'll probably be changing the title come August - haha.) And a few other topics have piqued my interest. I'm about to flip a coin and see which one wins for today.

Loved the cartoon (link from your other post). Only someone who has freelanced could come up with that. Thanks for sharing.

I do hope it's the end of the monsoon season in Wisconsin. What an ungodly weekend. :shock: Onward and upward.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

I'm not thrilled with these topics that are all-the-rage. I've yet to tap that poker market...I just can't bring myself to do it! I'm warming up to dogs...but oh, for those days of do-it-yourself .com I miss those endlessly selling garden and landscaping articles. I might just indulge myself and write them anyway...they're bound to be picked up some year or another!

When I'm sitting in front of the tv, I fill a notepad with potential titles for articles I'd like to write.....I think it's time to actually write those articles. As for potential clients for these articles, I'm going with the "if you write them--they will come" line of thinking. Hope it works!

JA
Ed

Post by Ed »

That's a great attitude to have . . . and also a great way to be creative while taking a break.