Vacation until May 14th

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Everyone else miss Ed as much as me? I can actually hear crickets chirping when I log on. It's so quiet it's scary. You know how they say you never really miss someone til they're gone....

Sure hope he's enjoying his vacation though....well deserved! The silence proves it.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

well I best step up and take the gauntlet thrown at my feet. I have been thinking about time lately, and my birthday (the penultimate year of my twenties is approaching), so I am posting a great quote of by a favourtite of mine. See if anyone has an ideas of this.

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past . . .
all time is eternally present.

Plato said that the universe is moving picture of eternity...

What is this linear concept of time rooted in?
How is it important for us to have this concept in the current organizational structure of our world?

These are some for the questions I have been thinking and writing about lately. would love to get some input, and to make Ed jealous that they are gone and missing all the intellectual fun. Bah humbug on mojitos.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

You mean you'll be 21 and able to drink legally? Oy.

That's as intellectual as I can be today. :lol:
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

yo grouch! Penultimate means right behind the ultimate! Not only am I able to drink, but I am turning the big 29, and having to face the first moments of things past. Oh well, the next twenty nine, better be as interesting as the last 29 have been. lol
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Like that galaxy that blew up eons ago that we're just now getting a chance to see thanks to light years....

Ah, the big 29. I remember it like it was 14 years ago. :)
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

I'm thinking that in the last 7 years I've been married twice, divorced once, had one baby, inherited two teenagers, had 12 different jobs (2-3 at a time for most of it), lived in two provinces, and bought two homes...

I'm just waiting for the pendulum to slow down! lol

Where do you write by btw? It sounds very interesting....(and Happy Birthday in case we don't chat again before that)!