Vacation until May 14th

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Vacation until May 14th

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

I will be on vacation from May 6 to the 14th. As things have recently been rocky at CC, I can't guarantee how quickly your articles will be approved while I'm gone. Ill try to check in, but I don't know how my internet access will be while I'm traveling. Please try to help each other, go easy on the Support questions, exhibit and encourage patience, and know that I will quickly and efficiently review any and all articles in the queue when I return.

If you have any pressing questions, please ask them within the next couple of days so I can answer them before I leave.

Thanks,
Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Have a great time!

Will someone be filling in for you at all? I ask because I have a customer anxiously waiting for me to finish a large training manual. I expect to have it done by Wednesday and was hoping he'd have access to it within a few days of that. I can send you what I have now if that will speed the process for whoever's reviewing articles while you're gone. If not, that's fine but it would be nice to be able to give the customer an ETA.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hi Celeste,

David will be able to take care of any articles immediately needing to be approved. He's been working long hours trying to get site technical problems resolved, so that's why I say that there isn't any guarantee how long typical articles will have to wait for approval. However, I'm sure that Private Request articles will be top priority and will not be neglected.

And if I have available internet access, I'll make sure that the articles get approved.

Ed
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Enjoy your trip Ed!

I can only speak for myself, but in my opinion it is WELL deserved. I know we will definitely miss your sharp eyes and wealth of information.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks! :D
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Would you like my margarita recipe?

Will you bring us all t-shirts?
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Gee Grouchy, good thinking!

I was contemplating the option of drilling him for information I could use for travel articles. I thought if he refused I'd threaten to flood him with pieces consisting of many many spelling errors and run on sentences. :lol: 8)
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

It's tempting, isn't it? It would be a good way to teach Ed to never ever go on another vacation.
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

FYI, Ed's favorite thing is when you change tenses and voices throughout your article. Just a little tidbit I have discovered....never know when it will come in handy! :evil: :D
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hahahah . . . rest assured it will be another three years before I take a vacation again. Now you know what's wrong with me. :|

Unfortunately, the days of $2 and $3 black market t-shirts (purchased out of the back of someone's rusty old Volga) are over, so you all get garden gnomes instead. Hopefully I can find some that are mooning passers-by.

If you're going to torture me, make sure that you wait until I get back. Even though my trip was planned long ago, I still feel this is probably a bad time to leave. Ack.

Ed
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Don't worry Ed. You're vacation will give us lots of time to come up with some good torture methods. hehe

Look at it this way, when you get back most of the glitches should be fixed up! We just couldn't resist a few pokes before you left. (need to have something to keep us creative.) lol
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

[quote]. Even though my trip was planned long ago, I still feel this is probably a bad time to leave. Ack.[/quote]

Nah, have a good time. What are you taking to read? ; )
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Have a great time Ed~!
S.A.Holt

Post by S.A.Holt »

Have fun! Send postcards!
jak

Post by jak »

Hope you're enjoying a real break, Ed, and not spending it checking a 40 page manual, or any other articles.