Technical Issues - Post Copied from Q/A Forum

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Technical Issues - Post Copied from Q/A Forum

Post by Ed »

Okay, all you night owls . . . in case you didn't see this:

Ok here is the situation. We changed servers, this has led to a bunch of email issues as the website slowly changes from one place to another. The techincal details aside, the symptoms are as follows: All automated emails are going to be spotty till tomorrow. IF you have requested a password retrieval you are going to have to wait, since the email may not send out the email with your NEW password, one that you don't know. You may not be able to log in, submit photos, and you also will potentially not receive notification of approved articles or sold articles etc. This (fingers crossed) will all be resolved by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. If you are not one of the unlucky ones locked out, you should be able to still access your accounts and check the statuses. Please avoid email support for the next 12 hours or so, in which time we should have everything up and running again.

Cheers.

Ice cream is on me.
andersson

server hell

Post by andersson »

Ed,

my sympathies on the server change ... I've moved more than a couple large websites from one server to another and the process can be easily summed up as "THIS BITES."
(ooooops, that was in all caps.)

Author profile updates are apparently temporarily ditched also.

In appreciation for my sympathy of your situation, you may fax some Haagen Dazs dulce de leche to my email address, thank you very much, and I will fax you back some homemade Montana Huckleberry Pie.

But then you'll owe me.

...kel
andersson

server hell

Post by andersson »

Ed,

my sympathies on the server change ... I've moved more than a couple large websites from one server to another and the process can be easily summed up as "THIS BITES."
(ooooops, that was in all caps.)

Author profile updates are apparently temporarily ditched also.

In appreciation for my sympathy of your situation, you may fax some Haagen Dazs dulce de leche to my email address, thank you very much, and I will fax you back some homemade Montana Huckleberry Pie.

But then you'll owe me.

...kel
Ed

Post by Ed »

Actually, I'm waiting for ice cream, too. Odd how writers can be wooed with promises of ice cream. What does that say about us?

Thanks for everyone's patience while the server implosion is corrected. Also try to ignore the spam in the forums - it's more difficult to keep up with when things aren't moving at their regulary speedy pace. If you've got any pressing concerns that you need addressed, I can try to help you via the forums, but for now CC is still having some issues (so Support isn't available).

Just remember that you shouldn't post any information that you don't want others privy to, and I can't help you with payment issues or most account issues. In cases not related to article submissions, it's just best to wait out the down time until your problem can be addressed properly.

Thanks again,
Ed