75% maximum article preview

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

75% maximum article preview

Post by Judith »

The 75% view has just about bottomed out my spec sales which were pretty good. I don't know why 100% can't be one of the options. The writer takes the responsibility if it gets stolen. I haven't sold a single spec article this month even though I've added 11 new ones. I usually sell several spec articles every month.

I brought a customer to CC a few years ago and since I built his website, we often converse. He purchases in a category I don't write about (which is why I brought him here). He recently told me he is going elsewhere for tech articles now, even though it is costing him double because he can see 100% of what he is purchasing. I'm sure others feel the same way. I always showed 100% because the client couldn't come back and say he/she didn't like the part that was hidden. Now they have a perfect excuse after they buy it to turn around and say they don't like it after all and want a refund. There will be a lot more work stolen that way.

It may not be worth it for me to write spec articles anymore. I'll give it another month and if they don't start selling, I'll stick to requests only.

Anyone else noticing this?
Judith
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Re: 75% maximum article preview

Post by Judith »

Well I did get a spec sale today, but I need a lot more than one to continue writing for anything but requests.