Stolen Content

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HiredGun

Re: Steemit = Stolen Content

Post by HiredGun »

Reported to CC
Last edited by HiredGun on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Reported to CC
bumpylight

Post by bumpylight »

That's just disturbing. It sounds as if the scoundrels behind this website have found a way to crack into Constant Content. I'm a bit player here, nothing like Lysis, HiredGun or others, but who wants their content stolen by grinning thieves? :(

Has anyone heard from the security team at Constant Content? Is anyone at all on the ball? :shock:

P.S. That last theft by the "carlidos" dude does boast nice images. It's a shame that they had to be selected a grovelling worm with no talent of his own. I wonder if the artists know that their images are being used in this manner. I'm tempted to track them down with TinEye and rat out the thief.

https://tineye.com/
DeeJay

Post by DeeJay »

Hi,

The thief hasn't stolen any of my articles but he might. It could happen to any of us.

Here's another article that appeared in the last few hours. No license sold on CC.

https://steemit.com/motivation/@carlido ... -the-world

Is it worth trying to contact authors whose work has been lifted? Some or all of them are probably unaware of the problem. What is CC going to do about this theft? Is it worth some of us joining Steemit to confront the thief?

Sorry. Lots of questions. It's all so bloody annoying. :evil:

DJ
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Reported to CC
DeeJay

Post by DeeJay »

OK. It looks like it's best to let CC deal with this issue.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

:twisted:
Last edited by HiredGun on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

HiredGun wrote:- Not sure how to contact plagiarized authors.
- If concerned writers email CC Support, they might update you on what is being done.
- To join Steemit you need either 5 Reddit karma points or your Facebook account. Posting replies on https://steemit.com/@carlidos' posts that the content he is posting isn't his will alert other Steemit users to his thievery, and thus drive down his earning potential. Would caution you to not mention Constant Content though, as this could adversely impact Constant Content's reputation online (just like these forum posts might do).
Following this link to the user's account just gave me a 404… So either something's wrong with the link itself, or he found out he was busted and deleted his account.
light87

Re: Stolen Content

Post by light87 »

So I guess if we submit 1000 articles to CC, then it all gets stolen..... well you know.

I see HiredGun's posts, and that's not like him. I hope he's okay. I hope they only stole 1 article and not like..... the catalog.

I'm also too afraid to google my articles... I don't want to cri :(
PoetPrincess85

Post by PoetPrincess85 »

Yea, I had 1 stolen but not on the site everyone here is talking about. I reported it and they couldn't figure it out. Luckily it was only 1 article about 500 words. I just changed it to only usage rights which now wouldn't be an option. If it was multiple articles, I'd be more upset.
mollylayton

Post by mollylayton »

What's with the "Reported to CC"? Was that a record of a report, or were HiredGun's posts getting flagged?
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

mollylayton wrote:What's with the "Reported to CC"? Was that a record of a report, or were HiredGun's posts getting flagged?
No, posts were not flagged. Just advising that the theft/scammer had been reported to CC.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

When good things happen to bad people..
https://www.coindesk.com/steemit-lays-o ... ear-market

Karma's a bitch for content stealers like Steemit :lol: :lol: :lol:
#SteemitStealsContent