Requested Subject Matter

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

J. A. Young

Requested Subject Matter

Post by J. A. Young »

I'm not sure--maybe admin. might have something to say on this topic, but in combing through the requests on a regular basis, there are always several computer-related ones; however, there are seldom responses from our writers. I'm just wondering if these customers ever find what they're looking for or wind up purchasing content from somewhere else. If I felt confident in those areas I'd try to write content myself and I've also noticed that many of our top-selling writers write on other topics. So--to make a long story short, how does our writing group do in terms of meeting requests?; are we well-rounded? are there areas admin would like us to beef up? I like diving into new areas of subject matter (the non-technical stuff) so if admin. has any suggestions for topics to round out the sight, is there a way they could make recommendations that may not be formal requests...I'm rambling--anyone know what I mean?
candicep

requests

Post by candicep »

I am guessing that there are probably requests that never get filled. Like some of the technical ones that are also low paying. Noone is going to learn programming just to write about it for $10 per article - do you think? :-)

On the other hand, if someone is paying good money, I'm willing to try to learn!!

Candicep
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I know what you mean. I've been flirting with writing the Access SQL article as I'm a bit of an Access geek myself. However I use the Query By Example (QBE) style queries in Access rather than its SQL editor and would have to go over my head a bit to gain that knowledge and its not terribly attractive to me - I don't think I'd ever use it again as I like the ease of QBE.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

If we don't have writers for the subject they go unanswered... BUT lately I have been trying to recruit writers for these areas.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

That sounds great. I love having the freedom to write about anything under the sun, but it's probably apparent to cc that some writers are well-versed in certain areas and know a lot about a specific subject. I was just wondering what happens to those technical request--so if you recruit technical people to write, I'm sure it helps the whole site overall. Wish I could manage it, but I'm lucky I know how to upload an article to you guys. Thanks. --J.A.