Breaking 100!!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

LJade

Breaking 100!!

Post by LJade »

When I sold my first article here at C-C I was elated! Then after the first 3 or so, I was working really hard to build up some articles.

Then I discovered that I could sneak over and check out the numbers of how many articles other writers had sold. Mary and Candice both had those high numbers and I set a goal to sell 100 articles by Christmas.

I'm at 89 now and I hope that I'll make it to 100, God knows I don't want to jinx myself. LOL

I was sitting here thinking, "watch it happen while I'm out of the country and I wont even get to see it". I would love the money but I hope it doesn't happen because I wanted to see my number kinda hover at 100 for a few days.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my feelings because we all know that sense of accomplishment when one of our articles finds a home. Congrats to everyone out there breaking their own goals too, I've noticed some people moving up quickly lately...just save a spot for me!

:arrow: LJ :D
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

Wow, that's so great that you're so close to meeting your goal. I wish I had found more motivation a few months ago to put into writing here at CC, as it has come to my attention that it would certainly pay off! I'm full of motivation now, but with my second baby due in less than four months, I know I won't be able to dedicate as much of myself to CC as I would like after February or so. But in the meantime I plan on doing as much a possible here.

Congrats, Lady Jade! :D
damyanti

Congrats LJ

Post by damyanti »

you are quite an inspiration to the rest of us, not to mention very engaging on the forums.Havent been around lately, but am glad you are near your target.
Have a great time in Mexico..... :D
RachelN

Post by RachelN »

That's a nice idea to have a target - hope you do make it by Christmas! :)

I'm currently on 77, but that does include some free downloads from my early days on here. So maybe my first goal should be making it to 80!

Rachel
RachelN

Post by RachelN »

P.S. I've just looked and you've already moved up to 93, LJ! :D
susie

Congrats! LJade

Post by susie »

to you selling so many articles. I've sold three so far, just one today and I'm tickled pink.:) Won't be long before I get my first $50. Just wondering how we can check on what others have sold.Haven't got a clue as to how to find that out. Thanks much.

Hope you and baby are just super, SouthernRose, and you have a very easy time of it and you're both healthy & happy! Congrats!

Susie
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

Thanks, Susie, and good luck making more sales in the future! :D
Lizaj

Post by Lizaj »

Susie,
Check out "about the authors." I think that's where it says how many articles have been sold by each writer. (top 10 or something like that).

Congrats! to everyone. How cool is it to get to do this? :)
Schoolmarm

Post by Schoolmarm »

Congrats, Lady Jade! I hope to follow in your footsteps. I seem to finally have gotten in the groove, and my sales are picking up.

What a great place this is for marketing articles!
Lizaj

Welcome Home LadyJade

Post by Lizaj »

Hope you had a wonderful trip. :)

Lizaj
LJade

Post by LJade »

LMAO!! It's kind of funny, I think I was a little presumptious on this one. I haven't sold anything since I left...jinx!

I'm back now though but oh boy, have I got a lot of work to do. I have 3 new projects to start on and I just can't get motivated today...laundry! I can't wash clothes in Mexico. I was in a small village (I prefer to call it) where the women basically wash clothes in make-shife concrete sinks outside dipping water from a barrel.

Lastnight was the first hot shower I've had since the hot water heater went out Saturday, I kissed the floor at the Houston airport because I was so glad to be back in America. That was before I was nearly arrested in customs after I threw a tantrum because they confiscated my tamales. (They didn't find all of 'em!) :wink:

I'll still be eating tamales for a few days and hopefully they'll help motivate me to reach my 100 goal...I hope I'm not stuck in a plateu phase, it happens sometimes. I'm glad to know that everyone else has goals too and I think I appreciate everyone knowing that because most of us write so differently yet we have so much in common too.

May we all see some success in the coming months, I'm anxious to see just how C-C will start out 2006 and I know that we'll all be happy...I'm sure big things are in store!!

:arrow: LJ :P
candicep

Glad you're back!

Post by candicep »

Hi LadyJade,

Glad you had a nice trip! We really should Thank God every day for living in America, which is what Thanksgiving Day is all about. Hard to believe the season is here.

Many of us have life so easy. Imagine... walking to what's called a "sink" and simply turning knobs for which temp. of water you want any time of the day or night!!!

Hot/Cold/Hot/Cold/Hot/Cold???? Wow - the simple blessings we have! :-)

Hope you reach your article goal soon!

Candicep
LJade

Post by LJade »

Hi Candice,

You're right, I have a lot of things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I think if lots of people took a trip to a third world country every year...they would surely appreciate things more.

I went to San Vicente, they actually do have washing machines but they don't get the clothes very clean and that's why the women prefer to wash clothes the old fashioned way...my way would've been to either pay someone to wash them or buy some new ones. I'm really blessed to be able to even think that way.

Life over there is just really simple, there's not much work or money.

It just feels really good to be back home.

Happy Thanksgiving!
:arrow: LJ :D
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

It's kind of funny, I think I was a little presumptious on this one.
It's "presumptuous" - from one writer to another. Please don't take any offense. I sincerely mean the correction only to help another writer. I'm not anal about it, I swear! Congrats on nearing 100! What a motivation you are, truly.
Kitagrl

Post by Kitagrl »

Do you have to price your articles low to sell that many? I am a newbie to this article selling thing...just wrote my first two articles today for this site and got them approved. I think I might have overpriced them but am not sure.

Looking forward to doing more! And congrats!