How do you score private requests?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

WritingNerdy

How do you score private requests?

Post by WritingNerdy »

I was wondering if the CC vets could help me out. I'm still fairly new to the site and have only had six of my articles sell (out of 14, so it's a start).

How many articles had you written before receiving a private request? Did it come from a client that bought one of your articles, or did it come from a client for whom you wrote requested content?

Any tips would help! Thanks :)
Lynnemac

Re: How do you score private requests?

Post by Lynnemac »

My first private requests came from a couple of clients for whom I had written articles for public requests. They liked what I had written and wanted a regular supply of similar articles for their respective blogs.

I have also had private requests come to me because I have a track record of writing articles in a particular category.

I don't think there's a secret to scoring private requests. My best advice is to write for public requests and fill your catalog with well-written articles. When clients buy them, they may like them well enough to come back to you for more.

The other key to securing regular private requests is to be dependable and reliable. It may sound boring, but clients want to be sure that the articles they request will arrive on time and be written to a high standard.

I'm not sure if this helps, but it reflects my experience of securing private requests.

Lynne