Constant-Content in Current

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

SLPerini

Constant-Content in Current

Post by SLPerini »

How are the sales and flow of the site in Spring 2012? I can't find any sort of broad update in recent times.

Reading through the topics, it seems that established authors have fewer words to say, although this isn't drastic. Is it just a slow period for sales? Are authors just blissfully busy? Or is there more to it, such as quiet frustration over the oversaturation of newer freelancers pushing price per article down or even an ongoing theft problem?
Lysis

Re: Constant-Content in Current

Post by Lysis »

CC has definitely slowed, but I'm not sure if it's Panda or just a slump in how people need to rank their sites. Good content is always a plus, and poorly written sites are always devalued sooner or later. Luckily, this place has always been extra money for me, but I will say that the same mantra still stands: write more and make more sales.

This place has the best quality content that I've seen, and as Panda continues to take a dump on the spinners and crap content, people should look here for better quality content. There are plenty of people who need good content. We just see so many of the cheap crap, that it feels like it's all that is out there. Don't worry. Those people who spin and buy cheap crap always complain to Google that their site is "high quality" and they lost rank. LOL
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It seems busy to me right now. The writer's pool blog request section has a big client... But of course I guess only those in the pool are seeing that.

Also, spring has been historically slower for me. Not sure why, but March through April always seem to be somewhat slower for me. Maybe everyone's involved in their taxes?
Constant

Post by Constant »

I can't release specific numbers, but for March alone we saw nearly double the licenses sold than we did in March 2011. Plus, the site's traffic is up by a similar amount.

Going back to what Lysis mentioned, we have also noticed a marked increase in the average license value of articles sold. This is definitely influenced by Panda to a degree.

The customers are here and ready to pay a good rate - I'd really encourage you to checkout the recently sold list and popular search terms to get a feel for what they're buying.