Pinterest Invitation

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

AlexBramwell

Pinterest Invitation

Post by AlexBramwell »

Hello,

I have been asked to write an article about Pinterest, but whatever I do I can't get them to send me an invite. Is anyone already a member and able to send me an invite?

Thanks,

Alex (alexbramwell@gmail.com)
Evelyn

Re: Pinterest Invitation

Post by Evelyn »

I haven't joined Pinterest because of that reason, too. I don't know anyone who knows anyone. :)

I wish I could read the article you write. I'd really like to know if its a silly social network or if it could be a good thing for marketers.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I know someone who is a member. I'll see if I can get her to send you an invitation. WG
AlexBramwell

Post by AlexBramwell »

Thanks everyone, I've finally got an invite. For the life of me I can't work out what the fuss is about., It is exactly like weheartit.com, which has been about for a while. Good for presenting a pinboard of images that sum up the ethos or aspirations of your brand. 70% women members, so pretty useful if you are in the right industry. Not really enough features to hold my attention for long though. And the copyright isn't that clear cut. As a photographeer I have to question whether anyone has the right o pin my images without permission or paying for a licence!
AlexBramwell

Post by AlexBramwell »

If anyone wants an invite to Pinterest, email me on alexbramwell (at) gmail.com.
SJHillman

Post by SJHillman »

My girlfriend just discovered Pinterest and has been going crazy over it.
DennyK

Post by DennyK »

I would also send an invite to anyone here if you would like to experience Pinterest. I agree that the site does trend toward the fairer sex, but can be very useful for men too.

One user is using Pinterest as a sort of remote office, pinning pictures and links to his boards and picking them up anywhere.

The copyright question has caused several corporate users to re-examine their participation and, in some cases, end it. Of course the user agreement and the FAQ on copyrighted material places the onus of protection in the copyright holders hands to absolve. This, with a barely helpful search function, is the only way I've found to protect your material. Pinterest would like posts that only link back to the original material.

With that said, email me if you would like to try it. There are some very good recipes being passed around. :)

dennis dot knipfer at gmail dot com