Theft Again

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

jak

Theft Again

Post by jak »

I just found one of mine at http://luckydube.net/tag/mamma-mia. It even has my byline and short summary included. Don't know if there are any more CC ones on the site. If you have any articles about movies or music, you might want to check.
Sharion

Re: Theft Again

Post by Sharion »

I had one stolen awhile back and I'd still like to know how it was done. I only post 1/3 of the article in the summary, so you HAVE to buy it to get the whole article. This particular article had not been sold, it was a virgin, not posted anywhere prior. Yet someone got ahold of the FULL article.

I had another one stolen once by someone who bought it with a stolen credit card. It never posted anywhere but because someone stole it, those of us affected could only then sell for usage rights. I have to sell it more than once to get paid for my time back at the usage price, and I had considered that article to be one of my more premium articles. There was nothing to do but accept that it could only sell for usage, so I posted it on one of my own websites.

Come to find out months later that the restriction had been lifted and it could sell for full rights again, but I'd already posted it myself so... *sigh*

Thieves ought to be SHOT. They hurt a lot of hard-working innocent people.
jak

Re: Theft Again

Post by jak »

The same applies to my earlier post in that I didn't post the full article, but it's out there. It's a mystery to me how they do that.