Article Theft or Author Shenanigans?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

MicheleH

Article Theft or Author Shenanigans?

Post by MicheleH »

Was looking around the content section of Digital Point this morning and found a thread offering 15 dog-related articles for $30. I haven't checked all of them but at least two have the same exact titles as articles being offered here by beconrad. Both articles are being offered here for full rights.

Link to sales thread - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2254503

So, if you have any doggy-related stuff, you might want to check it out.

Of course, it could be a CC author trying to offload some stuff that hasn't sold here. But, in light of the recent article thefts somehow I just don't think that's what's happening here. If the author is selling them, shouldn't he take them down before offering them for sale somewhere else?
LMills

Re: Article Theft or Author Shenanigans?

Post by LMills »

Hi Michele,

I posted a link to digital point in June, after I found that one of my CC articles had been stolen and then resold there to an unsuspecting customer. I suspect that there are other CC articles on there, as well.

Here's my original post. http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =4&t=23230

Linda
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

I would have posted something in the DP thread if I knew for sure they were stolen. The poster seems to be offering quite a bit of stuff right now. I suppose the author here could simply be selling alternative versions of articles here or they could be truly stolen. It's hard to tell with only a title to go on.
Constant

Post by Constant »

We just bought this article package and will be investigating it once we receive the content.