STOLEN Content Alert

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Constant

Re: STOLEN Content Alert

Post by Constant »

Just heard from the host and they've taken the site down.
UKWriter101

Post by UKWriter101 »

I just woke up to find an email from CC regarding stolen content. I too have had content stolen and placed on the same site - about $500 worth. :@ I just checked the links, however, and it appears they've been taken down, but all of the articles are still for sale only for usage rights.

Also, I decided to paste some random content from some of my articles into Google and it seems many of them are appearing on other, completely unrelated sites as well.

There's nothing I can do about it in a practical and timely fashion, especially since I'm in the UK and about to go abroad traveling for several months. Fortunately, CC seems to be being as helpful as possible however, which I am grateful for.
JStone

Post by JStone »

Do we still need to file a DMCA if the site has already been taken down? I've only just woken up to find the dreaded email from CC saying a bunch of my articles have been stolen...I don't know whether I still need to file the DMCA?
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

J Stone, check the other thread about "still more theft." I found a lot of articles there as well. If you have any articles on freelancing, business or marketing, they are probably there. The owner obviously is trying to make it difficult to identify him. If you look on Whois, the site info is protected by another service. I filed a DMCA with that service yesterday, as well as with park-web. The info is on that thread.
JStone

Post by JStone »

Hi April, I already checked the other website and they haven't used any of my articles (yet). My articles were on the elsestuff website thats now been taken down...CC emailed me and provided a link to the instructions for filing a DMCA, but that was before the website was taken down. I was just wondering if I still needed to file a DMCA against a website that isn't there anymore.
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

Since part of the DMCA concept is a 'takedown request', it would seem a moot point for you to send one now.