Editor Buddy?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

JShade

Editor Buddy?

Post by JShade »

Hello!

As the writing requirements are REALLY strict at CC, I figured I would go ahead and try and find a writer buddy to review my documents that I am less certain about approval.

My only requirements are

1) Been here a little while so you won't steal my stuff.

2) see number one.

Everyone seems to be a family here so who is with me!

-Jake
Lysis

Re: Editor Buddy?

Post by Lysis »

JShade wrote:Hello!

My only requirements are

1) Been here a little while so you won't steal my stuff.

2) see number one.

-Jake
I rofl'd.
JShade

Post by JShade »

Lysis : With the positive response I believe my next article for submission will be regarding techniques for screening editors :).
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You might ask for a critique buddy instead. The two of you could critique each other's work which is mutually beneficial and a great way to learn how to spot flaws. It's often easier to see mistakes in another writer's work. As you become better at it, then suddenly you begin to see the flaws in your own.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

JShade wrote:Lysis : With the positive response I believe my next article for submission will be regarding techniques for screening editors :).
LOL It's about time we got someone who knows the art of funny around here.

Incidentally, I would do it, but I am really so stressed out between school, finances, and overloaded on work to deal with the finances. If you get that reject button, I'll look it over if you need help. I just don't think I'm much of a reliable long-term source.
JShade

Post by JShade »

Celeste : I am all for the critique buddy, but as I am new I don't expect anyone to send me anything until I have established myself, and I can't wait to become more proficient.

Lysis : I appreciate the support and I totally understand busy.

-Jake
JShade

Post by JShade »

Hey Lysis, could you review my first 3 I've submitted, just so I can get accepted and all. How would I contact you?

Anyone?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

You can PM me through the messaging system on the site. Do a search for Lysis in the authors section and send me a message. I have to warn you though, I don't know if I can get to it today. Saturday/Sundays are my hardcore work days since I have school during the week. I can definitely get to them by Monday though and take a look.

Just some friendly advice from someone who has seen plenty of rejections and has turned it around - let the article sit for a few days. I know I say this a lot, but you wouldn't believe how many problems you find when the article hasn't been looked at for 2-3 days. You find plenty of errors in the proofing process. You know how you can pick up other writers errors so easily? That's kinda what happens when you haven't looked at the article for several days. I envy people who can proof the same day they write the article, but some of us can't do it and that's me. Maybe you're one of the unlucky ones too. Regardless though, I'm willing to help if you want to send them to me. Send one at a time in a separate PM.

No matter how many rejections you get, they never get any easier to swallow. :D
JShade

Post by JShade »

I always let my articles sit :).

Actually, I reread my guidelines(AGAIN!) and realized I am a LOT further off than I thought. I will send you the articles after the weekend, you can review at your own leisure naturally:)
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Jake,

If you'd like me to take a look, send me one article through the Contact Author link on my profile pge: DM Gutierrez. I can look at it tonight or tomorrow.

Debbi