"Three Strikes You're Out?"

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

sephirothm75

"Three Strikes You're Out?"

Post by sephirothm75 »

Is it true that you can get "kicked out of" Constant Content for three rejections or something? This is something I keep hearing, but I can't find anything about it in the guidelines. Can someone either confirm, deny or clarify this for me?
nichewriter

Re: "Three Strikes You're Out?"

Post by nichewriter »

You'll find this in the Writer Application page at http://www.constant-content.com/area/registerauthor.htm - third paragraph.

"I understand that Constant Content reserves the rights to decline any work they feel does not meet their requirements. I am welcome to submit other work for approval even if one article has been declined. However, I understand that, if three articles are declined, Constant Content will accept no more submissions of my work."

There are some writers, however, whose accounts have been suspended after only 1 submission. The CC editors have deemed their work not up to CC standards. Read the guidelines and make sure your first submission meets those guidelines.

~S
sephirothm75 wrote:Is it true that you can get "kicked out of" Constant Content for three rejections or something? This is something I keep hearing, but I can't find anything about it in the guidelines. Can someone either confirm, deny or clarify this for me?
sephirothm75

Post by sephirothm75 »

The thing is, I've already HAD more than three articles "declined" (sent back for re-writes). Is there a difference between being sent back for corrections, and being declined?
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

I've had more than 3 rejections too -- mostly for minor things like a misplaced comma, a typo, or some other silly mistake. However, I believe the CC editors don't count minor errors or slips in the 3-strikes-and-you're-out rule. If they see that you have potential and you're generally submitting good articles, you shouldn't worry about getting banned. It's when you consistently make the same mistakes in your submissions that could get your account suspended.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It's more like a "we reserve the right to refuse service" rule. Have I had more than three articles rejected? Yes! Some have been "no thanks" and others have been "change this." I believe it's really up to CC's discretion and that they are looking at the overall ability, not the individual error counts.