Co-writing articles?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Eric Maus

Co-writing articles?

Post by Eric Maus »

Is it okay if we co-write articles with people from this site ?

If we can do this, does anyone here think that would be a good idea?

I am not sure if this is something that I would want to do on a lot of my articles, but once in a while I would not mind my co-writing a piece with someone else. I think that would be good idea because perhaps we could work together and come up with some longer pieces that would sell for more money. Obviously we would be splitting the money, but longer, interesting pieces may end up being wortwhile for the both of us.

Irregardless of the money working together may be good if we want to crank out a piece quicker, or if we are short on ideas we could help each other out.

Does this interest anyone?
LJade

Post by LJade »

I wonder if any articles have been co-written before?? That's a good one for admin.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Technically that wouldn't be possible unless two writers got together off the site and wrote an article. But we would only pay one so it would be up to one writer to pay the other writer.
Eric Maus

Post by Eric Maus »

LJade wrote:I wonder if any articles have been co-written before?? That's a good one for admin.
Do you have any interest in co-writing something?

I am not even necessarily asking if you want to write something with me, I am just trying to get a feel on whether or not the writers on here are interested in doing something like that.
Lizaj

Post by Lizaj »

I, personally, would not be interested now for all the reasons that freelance writing works for me. I take care of an elderly woman (my motherinlaw) who is bedridden (and wants a bell...ha! fat chance) and three teenage boys (one who is an angry stepson) and a husband and all the things that go along with that. The great thing about freelance writing is that I can do it with all those different people calling my name and pulling me away from the computer (or pad and paper) at any given time and I don't have to worry about a commitment to someone else on the other end.

That's another great thing about C-C and I love that we can't tell a customer when we're working on an article. By the time we can let the customer know, it has to be a done deal..there is never any deadline pressure other than what I put on myself.

Ok...way more than you ever wanted to know. I should never check C-C before coffee in the morning. :twisted:

Have a great day all. (I do think cowriting could be fun, otherwise. heh)
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Co-writing! Blah!!! Ugh!!! :evil: I grew up despising all those silly group projects in school--it is never an equal endeavor. Although I am not a complete and utter loner, I always prefer to write alone. Some of my one-off articles may not technically be described as art--but it seems to me that any writing is such. Collaborative art may be employed with great success--both artistically and financially--but it is seldom lasting. That's why bands break up, don't ya know. Anyway, if writers want to hook up--I say let it be over drinks, not the page. But that's just my two cents, and I am admittedly a do-it-yourselfer in order to get it right kind of person. Drives my husband nuts sometimes, but I compromise saying housework is definitely a collaborative project. :D
LJade

Post by LJade »

Boy ... and I thought I had it bad!

Ok, Eric if you're just trying to get a date sweetie I can send you some links to some really cool sites that probably have some freelance babes that are perfect for ya. LOL

I have to pick on ya cause there's not very many men around here.

Seriously, count me out of the co-write thing too. It just seems too complicated and when I get in a writing mood ... I just do it.

There may be someone interested though, we'll see where this thread goes.

:arrow: LJ :wink: