New request email

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

New request email

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I see that you're working on the layout of the new request emails. Any chance you could add the customer's screen name to this? Sometimes, if we see a particular customer we may be more interested in the request as it may be someone we've had good experiences with before.
write2earn

PUBLIC REQUEST BOARD

Post by write2earn »

[color=violet]I[size=12] receivewd a notice of a new public request on a specialty topic in my knowledgebase. I came to the CC Public Request Board after writing the article but could not find the listing. The title of the request was "What is revewable energy?" What happened to this request?[/size][/color]
:(
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

W2E - the same thing happened to me. I think the requestor either saw something s/he liked and went private to that writer or bought something and cancelled the request. There were some sales but I don't know if they were to the requestor.
Ed

Post by Ed »

In order to stay up-to-date with requests, it is important to check the request board, rather than relying upon the emails - sometimes the emails are on a delay. It is also more difficult to get in a request for a single article rather than several articles on a given topic, so it will always be likely that some insomniac writer will beat you to the punch. Generally, though, articles written for requests will still appeal to other customers.

CC is getting many new public requests daily . . . there is plenty to go around for everyone!

Thanks,
Ed
JD

Post by JD »

I think that particular customer likes to buy quickly. I also submitted to this request, and although my article wasn't purchased by the customer who posted the request, it was purchased the following day by someone else, so maybe this is a hot topic that's worth writing about.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Just to reiterate the above advice:

I just received a request for content (in my inbox) that is dated Sunday, March 2. It's now Friday the 7th. I believe this request has already been pulled by the requester.

Ed
jwatkins

Post by jwatkins »

I had a renewable energy article bought. I guess it was by this requestor. I happened to be on CC when the request came in and already had notes from another project. I submitted it and caught Ed at a good time and it was approved quickly. I then submitted to the requestor and it was bought fairly quickly. Right place right tim.