Ability to Sort "Your Content" by status

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Elizabeth Ann West

Ability to Sort "Your Content" by status

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I have a suggestion for the "Your Content" page. I would like to be able to sort the articles by the status, if they are sold or still up for sale. Right now, I only have 16 articles up, and I have sold 11 of them. But, I'm sure in a few months, it's going to be even harder for me to determine which articles have sold, and which have not.

The reason I am requesting this is because I like to "maintain" the article sthat have not sold. For example, I will go in, see how many hits a particular article is getting, tweak the price or summaries to see if helps the article to sell. Especially for articles that were for public requests and weren't selected. A great way to track how changes affect article prominence, is I record the hits, make my changes, and then look to see if it causes more or less activity on the article.

When the ratio of articles sold to number of articles written is high, it can be very easy to lose an un sold article in the midst of a bunch of sold articles.

Thanks.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

This feature already exists. Go into Your Content and then look at the Search area. It defaults to Review but if you click the arrow next to Review, you can choose View, Sold, and Unfinished. Choose Sold and click Search and you will see all of your Sold articles. Click View and then Click Search and you'll see everything currently available for sale.
JD

Post by JD »

Thanks for that - very useful.

JD
Elizabeth Ann West

Thanks celeste. I'm not exactly sure how to follow your instructions, but I will try it! :)

A S,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Ann West

Ok i got it now. "View" was just an awkward word to use to categorize articles not sold.

Thanks again!

P.S. Whoever came up with this was a genius, what a great idea! lol
Ed

Post by Ed »

Er . . . "view" makes sense from the editing side of things (though I didn't choose the wording). Articles are under re-view, and then they become view-able to everyone once approved.

Ed