Spammers

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Spammers

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Sheesh, the spammers are never ending. Usually, you can spot one right away and ignore them but they are still annoying. Any way we can "privatize" the forums? I don't want to make more work for the editors or admins but hmmmn what if we make it harder to post here?

Just a few thoughts:

Maybe some sort of check to see if the poster has a valid CC account. I don't know. ... It seems anyone can create an account and tout their exciting nude videos of Britney, Paris, or whoever.

I'd be willing to help police the forums myself if there were a way to flag a post as spam. Maybe established forum members could earn the right to delete obvious spam messages?

I also wouldn't want the forums to be hard for newbies with questions to access/post to, so some sort of controls that verify intentions might help. If you don't have a vaild CC account, you can't post? Or if you haven't read at least XX amount of posts, you can't post. I don't know. I have no clue what kind of restrictions may or may not be possible. . .

Spammers seem more prevalant than ever lately and while I love my new "Tuscon used car underware" (hee hee), it is annoying to see spammers getting through each day.

:oops: Gosh, don't I have something better to do than fret over spammers? Who cares - they all suck! :D Don't click on the spam links!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Spammers are a way of life... every solution put in place has a work around in hours. Its not worth the trouble its easier to moderate posts. Now... With that said would you like to be a forum moderator? :)

Really we just need more mods
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'd be happy to be a moderator if you need the extra help. You know where to find me....
Keesa

Post by Keesa »

Hey, I'd also be willing to help moderate the forums if you need more hands (err...keyboards). No reason why you guys should have to do it all!
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

They need someone to work the "nightshift". Since after Celeste has gone to bed, they creep in and spam all night long. Every morning I see them here. How early or late do you stay up Keesa?

Just my opinion -- it's great to see Ed get help!

Catnipp333