Categories

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

scribe

Categories

Post by scribe »

May I request you to consult your editors and choose correct categories when you post new projects?
I sent an article in response to a specific project about GBLTs that was put under All content. One of the 2 reasons for rejection has been that it was not under the category of social issues. We could have saved time if you had mentioned this category when posting the work.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

The requester chooses the category and some times they don't choose the proper category, or they don't choose one at all (All Content).
scribe

Post by scribe »

How can I ensure that a requester sees my approved article if I choose a category on my own, or if I change the category from the one chosen by the requester?
Article Admin

Post by Article Admin »

Scribe,

It is my job, as Article Admin to select the proper categories for the content. The "Content" category is a general category. All articles should be placed in a specific category. If you want to let the requester know where your content appears, go to their request, click on the link for questions and post the URL to your article there so it is easily accessed. When you do this, an e-mail goes out to the requester and they will know exactly where your article can be found.

Please do me a favor and post rejection questions in the rejection forum so I can find and answer them easily. This will save time so I can spend more time approving articles.

Your article was not just rejected because of the category it was in. There were specific reasons in the e-mail that I sent to you. Please assure all your content is clean, has a title and a word count, as well as about 1/3 of the article copied and pasted into the long summary feature. I usually do this for authors who neglect to do it, but some days I just can't take the time, as there are many submissions to take care of each day.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Article Admin