Editor, please correct something in my title.

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Mary Shows

Editor, please correct something in my title.

Post by Mary Shows »

I have just realized that the title on my (not yet accepted) article, Epitaphs of the Literary, looks awkward. Could editors please change the comma after literary to a colon. It looks as if literary is part of the list that follows with commas seperating. Sorry for the error.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi there,

It's pretty easy to remove and resubmit an article that's under review. While it's tempting to ask the editors to make minor revisions to some of these things, I think they'd appreciate it if we did them on our own. If we can catch it, we can correct it - it makes their job much easier.

By the time they see your request here, you could have easily have removed the original submission, corrected it, and resubmitted it, saving everyone a few steps in the process. Really, the time spent coming to the forum and posting your request of them to correct your error could've been spent doing it for yourself. :o Not trying to be harsh or anything but ultimately, it's up to us to make sure we've addressed our titling, category choices, and overall submissions.
writewellcfl1

Post by writewellcfl1 »

Mary,

Celeste is right. We would really appreciate it if you could take care of matters such as these yourself. We have hundreds of articles to get through each day, so it's tough to manage personal requests like this as well. Thanks.
Mary Shows

Post by Mary Shows »

Please excuse the request. I had seen a prior post where a spelling error needed to be corrected in a title and it seemed to be handled with no problem so I did not realize it would be an issue. I apologize and will not make such a request again.
Thank you for your responses.
Mary Shows
writewellcfl1

Post by writewellcfl1 »

No need to worry. We've seen a big increase in the amount of submissions over the past few weeks. If we weren't so busy, a request like that wouldn't be a big deal. Thanks for being conscientious though.