Newsletter

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Newsletter

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Any thought to putting out a monthly newsletter to CC customers and fellow writers?

Maybe with features such as:
"Meet the authors" - a profile of a selected author each month
"Meet the Customers" - a profile of some of our favorite customers (if they want to be profiled of course)
"Editor's NitPicks" - a grammar lesson or something
"Available content" - maybe a list of interesting/appealing articles for sale
"Content tips" - articles that relay useful info to our customers

I'm sure with all of us writers, you'd have plenty of volunteers to write the articles in exchange for a byline or small fee. You could make it an opt-in newsletter or post it online each month...
[/list]
Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

Hey, that's a great idea! :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

We are working on something similar. Will let you know w/updates.

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

OK, cool!

Here's another idea. How about RSS feeds with recent additions? Customers could subscribe and see the recently added titles on their RSS readers or RSS-enabled home pages.. . . Could drive customers to the site when they see an interesting title. I know they can get emails for subscribing to certain topics but if they had a feed, they might see something that's in a different category yet catches their eyes.

Can you tell, I'm having a quiet week.....and the wheels are turning. :)
Annetta Holmes

Post by Annetta Holmes »

Has anything happened about the newsletter and RSS feed?

I have been sending out a few emails to Australian and British websites looking for business and I feel if us authors all did a little marketing we'd increase CC's and our exposure.

The beauty here is that by having our work on CC we can drive people to the site to see. The downside it they may like another author :( but so what? It's all exposure for the site and ultimately for us all.

I'm a marketing manager. Bet you couldn't tell... :roll:
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

Annetta,

You have a great attitude about bringing CC business. I would rather have the 20% given by CC to bring buyers here. I have requested several times since I joined about a link that would work for both affiliate authors (5%) OR affiliate buyers (20%). I know we could all spread the word worldwide to a big audience, but I think we should get the same cut as others who bring buyers here. I dont believe that is asking for anything we would not rightfully deserve. I do not advertise CC or send my clients here. I have links for writers where I think I may "catch" other writers, but not any for buyers. I LOVE you guys, but I got to make a living off this! :wink:

I signed up for the buyer affiliate link when I first joined, but have never recieved it, or been approved, or whatever it "takes" to get one. This has been brought up several times since then & they reply that it is being worked on. I don't think I'm "alone" on this since I have read several other authors mentioning the same things -- right guys?

Writing IS my ONLY income, so I have to be VERY careful about my finances and every little % helps, you know?

Besides that, I DO LOVE CC!!!!

Catnipp333
Annetta Holmes

Post by Annetta Holmes »

Catnip333

The buyers afiliate sounds like great marketing sense. I do agree that to get paid to bring buyers here would be great. However what would it cost to set it all up and manage all those accounts and get everyone's %'s paid? Hmmm...

I suppose it could be linked like the "bring a new author" but also there would have to be all sorts of policy governing the referrals and handling the squabbles that are bound to rear their heads when two authors feel they both brought the same buyer to the table.

So it may need quite a lot of work.

Annetta
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

Annetta,

They have a buyers referral link already set up just like the authors referral link. It is just not connected with the author one. There would be no squabbles, which author brought them, it would be already "known" by the cookies placed from the link, just like they already do. They pay 20% to "someone" each time something sells, if there is no buyer referral, they keep the 20%. It would all automatically be done, just as it is now, stopping ANY problems with "who" referred the buyers. If there is any cost involoved, I think it would surely pay for itself with ALL the business we (authors) could bring them.

Of course, this is MY opinion, as I believe we ALL could really bring in the buyers, but I also feel we should be paid for our efforts. They still would get their 10% or 15% (with no author referral) for every article sold.

Catnipp333