Possible Glitch

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

telyni

Possible Glitch

Post by telyni »

I have noticed a glitch occurring with all three articles I have submitted so far here. As I understand it, the "Add more field(s)" link on the submission form is for the purpose of uploading multiple files, or multiple forms of the article. I have attempted to upload both text and Word document versions of the articles I have written, but the Word files never stay attached to the submission.

On the first article, I didn't notice until after it was accepted. I looked at the listing to make sure everything had gone through the way I intended, and I noticed that the text file was available, but no Word file. I had not attached a Word file the first time I had submitted it, but after it had been rejected for a minor revision, I took the opportunity to make a Word file and attach it as well when I submitted it the second time, but it did not go through.

When I noticed this, I went and checked the listing for the second article I had submitted, which was (and is) still in the review process. The Word file was not there either, so I edited the listing and uploaded it again. This time it stayed.

I just submitted a third article a few minutes ago, and before I hit submit, I made absolutely sure that the second field was present and that the name of the Word file was spelled correctly and everything. After I submitted it -- the Word file was gone again. I had to reattach it.

I don't know if this is just Word files or if all files after the first are affected, but if multiple files have to be attached manually after submission anyway, what is the purpose of the option of additional file fields on the submission form? I would like to request that someone check this and fix it if there is a glitch.

Thank you,
~Reiko
telyni

Post by telyni »

Okay, I don't mean to be pushy or anything, but it's been a week with no response. I just submitted another article and had the same problem, so I assume nothing has been done. However, since nobody else has said anything, can I also assume that nobody else is having the same problem? Am I therefore doing something wrong in the submission process? Please let me know.

Thanks,
~Reiko
writewellcfl1

Post by writewellcfl1 »

I have not heard of any other problems with that. However, I also know nothing about the technical aspects of this site, so please e-mail support and hopefully they can assist you.
joywriter

Missing files

Post by joywriter »

Read your post and experienced something similar ... I took the trouble to convert my word file to .txt and used the browse button to attach it for review.
Well, the article was rejected because it wasn't there for review! I had to go through the entire process. I submitted another article the same way ... using the Browse button to attach. I've just gone back to my articles still in review and could see both there. However, thinking that maybe I can see them because the articles are on my hard drive, (and the reviewer cannot) I copied and PASTED them both. I think there may indeed be a glitch somewhere.
telyni

Post by telyni »

Thanks for the confirmation. I've just sent a message to support, so we'll see what happens.

~Reiko