Grrrrrrr this is really annoying

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lysis

Grrrrrrr this is really annoying

Post by Lysis »

Dear CC admins,

I just resubmitted an article where the editor said I needed to make the short summary 30 words. When I redid the summary, I clicked "Resubmit Now" at the bottom and just got rejected again because clicking that button does not save the short summary. I see now that I need to hit "Save" then click "Resubmit," but I don't think that's very user-friendly. There's no indication that you need to click save before resubmit, and I think people naturally think that button will save the short summary along with submitting the new doc. Wouldn't it make more sense to save the info in the first section when the user clicks "Save" OR clicks "Resubmit?"

//a little frustrated, so I'm trying to say that in the nicest way possible. I don't intend to come off snarky (I know, new for me lol), so if I'm saying anything rude, I apologize.
jak

Re: Grrrrrrr this is really annoying

Post by jak »

That happened to me too a week or so back.
Lor

Post by Lor »

I don't mean to go off topic, but I thought the short summary was supposed to be approximately 75 words. It was a couple of years ago. Ed insisted on it. It's in the forums somewhere. Did this change?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi Lor,

If you go to Part 11 of the extended guidelines for writers, you'll see that it has been changed to a minimum of 30 words for the short summary. At one point, I think it stated 3 lines, which is pretty vague.

WG
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thanks WG. I had no idea -- been absent for a long time. Off for a read.
SidSnyder

Post by SidSnyder »

Word Gypsy wrote:Hi Lor,

If you go to Part 11 of the extended guidelines for writers, you'll see that it has been changed to a minimum of 30 words for the short summary. At one point, I think it stated 3 lines, which is pretty vague.

WG
The template for submitting articles still says (regarding the short summary), "It should be at least three sentences long." Since it has been changed, that information should be updated on the template, don't you think? :)
JennaP

Post by JennaP »

I have a related annoyance and that is that when you re-attach the document, it erases any changes you made to the short and long summaries. That really should be on the page somewhere so people don't do it then fail to notice that they didn't update their summaries...and get rejected again. Please?