Public request deadlines

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jellygator

Public request deadlines

Post by jellygator »

Since it takes a week, give or take, for the review process, is there a notice for buyers requesting materials to guide them on their request deadlines?

As a new writer, I've been targeting public requests with the idea that it will build my library and provide content that will interest people who already use CC. However, I've noticed that some requests are made with a 3-day suspense date, which means those customers will not see most or all articles that were written for them (unless there's something I don't know about the process.)
Lysis

Re: Public request deadlines

Post by Lysis »

I write on and off for CC, but IME, reviews aren't a week for public requests. It's like 2 days max, and within 24 hours if you're one of the first ones accepted.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

The ones I've submitted for public requests take the same amount of time as others - 5 days or so. However, I've discovered that requestors are informed about articles pending review, so I guess they aren't left hanging after all.
Fern

Post by Fern »

I am wondering about the same thing. My average review times are very long - the last 5 articles took, on average, 10-12 days to review. I am currently looking at some public requests with only, say, 8 days left before expiry. I don't think I'm going to write an article for these requests because I fear my article won't be reviewed in time. I don't think it makes the writer look good to be "late" on submitting for requests, even if CC lets them know an article is pending...

CC recently stated review times will speed up soon - when? If I knew I could sumit to this request today and be reviewed within the expiry time frame, I'd go ahead and write it. But since this seems very unlikely, then it's not worth my effort "just in case" and I'll just do something else.

I don't think an average 10+ days to review an article is acceptable, unless it's an exception... In the meantime, customers are losing out on submissions.

Any thoughts?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Submitting for public requests are a little frustrating now. I figure it's first people who get in get the sale. I have another public request that has sat for days whereas before it was a day or two tops. One public request I submitted to a couple weeks ago took so long that the guy chose before I even got reviewed, which was about 6 days after I submitted.

I think it's basically first come first serve, and with the DMS zombs unleashed on the Internet, CC is getting flooded right now. It really sucks, because I felt like CC was an untapped, quiet little resource in the corner. lol Oh well. Good for CC, but bad for me.

So anyway, yeah, if you submit for a public request, you will probably wait several days if you aren't one of the first in the queue. I'm seeing about 10 days for regular reviews and 6ish days for public request reviews.

My suggestion is to write for a public request where A) the customer has a purchase history and B) you think it will sell if it isn't chosen. That's the way I judge it anyway. If I think it will sell regardless, I write it and I'm cool with it going into the public pool, because it will sell eventually. This way, you don't completely waste your time.
Fern

Post by Fern »

Thanks Lysis,

I just saw a note on the home page of CC that said they are experiencing longer than usual review times. They say things should be back to normal in a week... I hope so! In the meantime, it's good advise to write for public request topics that have a chance to sell in the general arena as well - no "wasted" time spent then...

Happy Holidays!