Request for More Keyword Stats

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MicheleH

Request for More Keyword Stats

Post by MicheleH »

Not knowing what would be a good topic for a first article, I thought I couldn't lose if I wrote something focusing on one of the top keywords displayed in our admin accounts. I chose Christmas.

Since the article has been accepted (Hip-Hip-Hooray!!!), it's been viewed exactly once - by me. My guess is that while the keywords in that list have seen the greatest volume over time they may not really be all that relevant or timely.

I'm thinking that the top keywords list might be more useful if it reflected the last week or month of searches. That way we could spot trends of what's hot now rather than what may have been volcano hot 7 months ago.

I realize this would require a bit of programming but I think in the long run it would help everybody.
MicheleH

Re: Request for More Keyword Stats

Post by MicheleH »

Gee, not sure if my suggestion got lost in this fairly inactive category or the rest of you think I'm all wet. :?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi Michele,

Congrats on having your article accepted. Christmas articles do sell, just later on in the fall/winter.

I don't personally use the keyword list to guide my writing. If you are looking for inspiration, you can take your cues from the recently sold list.

Happy Writing,
WG
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

Hi WG,

I think you made my point. A list of all-time highest searches doesn't offer much value.

I do check the recently sold as well but that doesn't seem like it would show trends. Since it doesn't show the buyer, we have no way of knowing if the articles are being purchased by one person or a group of people.

Michele
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Me either, and neither have the article buyers. Good you are ready with a Christmas article though.

Keywords are good but it is always a bit of a gamble. Pick some more keywords and write some more. Why not pick three top keywords and write one article that covers them together? That should sell well.
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

I've been wondering if including my example was a mistake. I'm not complaining that my article isn't selling but using it to illustrate that the keyword list is not timely. Hopefully as we get closer to December, my article will at least garner more hits.

BTW, in the retail world, July is actually late in the season for Christmas. Manufacturers start working on Christmas in February. The bulk of the orders from retailers are already in. The summer arts and crafts festivals are full of people buying Christmas presents.

My family actually shops for birthdays and Christmas year-round. We live where we are able to get to 5 different states quicker than we can get to our own state capital. We love exploring the many little towns around us. It's so much fun to be able to say, "I got that for you in Elizabethton. Remember the day we went there and..."